1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should David Dein quit the FA?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Marc, Jul 13, 2005.

?

Should David Dein Quit The FA?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2005.
  1. Yes! It's a definite conflict of interests

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. No! There's nothing wrong with what he's doing

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Don't know/Don't care

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    Jose Mourinho's latest outburst is aimed at the fact that the Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein is on the board of the FA, which he believes gives Arsenal an unfair advantage in the league, with regards to fixture schedules. The FA have denied this, and will possibly be punishing Mourinho for his comments, but what do you think?

Personally i actually agree with Mourinho for once, i hate the guy, but i do think he has a point. I noticed when there was the huge fracas at Old Trafford in 2003, Arsenal had 4 players banned. But the thing i noticed about that was, the bans got postponed and postponed some more until eventually, Arsenal's players ended up being banned for the matches against Birmingham, Leicester, Fulham and Wolves, which was the easiest run of matches they had all season. Coincidence? I doubt it.

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    Since Arsenal have run up a record number of bookings (to Wengers discredit), sendings off, and been handed numerous hefty fines and bans I think Mourinhos talking from where does best - again. Compare that with Utd, who quite frankly are no saints (in fact they're a bunch of clogging morons at times), yet who's record in the same dept is laughable. If the two teams were on a level playing field they'd have equally awful disiplinary records. They aren't. Yet Fergie, sans Mourinho, is always claiming he's hard done by.

Frankly Dein is an ****wipe so I voted yes anyway. :D If only he could be booted out of Arsenals board as well...........

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    arsenal definitely have a worse disiplinary record than man utd! I think the reason you hear about the Arsenal ones so much more is that in the case of arsenal, the sendings off have more often been for violent conduct like elbowing, headbutting etc whereas man utd's (which are few and far between) are on the whole, apart from the odd exception, for 2 yellow cards, which is always more frustrating for the manager, especially when one of the yellows was a bad call which it often is.

Though I think fergie is more annoyed at the fact that refs just assume ronaldo and van nistelrooy are diving every time they go to ground these days, so utd get a lot less penalties awarded. To be honest though, if you need a penalty to get a point in a match, you never really deserved the point in the first place, fergie's just too on much of an ego trip to admit he's tactically inept.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, i don't like mourinho one bit. he's a cancer on the english game, and the sooner chelsea have a couple of bad years and fire him, the better - but, in this case i do agree, and perhaps his outspoken-ness on the matter will force dein's hand, otherwise every time something goes arsenal's way this season, the doubt will always be there.

4. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    If I didn't support Chelsea (true supporter season ticket since I was 9), I have to admit I would hate the guy (Mourinho). Like I hate fergie, and don't get me started on Benitez. However, I would be forced to respect him (although I don't agree with some of his outbursts). Has anyone read his biography? wow.

I think the fixture list is unfair, but i don't think its worth a resignation, just a change around.

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,759
    This all smacks of pre-season mind games to me, Mourinho is just trying to wind the others up ..... just like Fergie used to do !

6. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    They certianly do. The point I'm making is they shouldn't have. Utd have some of the worst hatchet men in the premiership hacking players week in, week out, yet never get punished for it.

Well that, it has to be said, is largely their own fault. Both are strapping six footers yet they go down quicker than Linda Lovelace! Fergie has always moaned about refs giving anything against Utd. It seems to be a NW syndrome. Liverpools managers going right back to Paisley bleated very time they got even a free kick given against them! I mean what more did they want? They won everything in sight anyway! :eek:

You ain't wrong John.......... :D

7. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I knew Utd would somehow be included in this thread.Players diving?What about Ashley Coleski in the Arse v Utd game last season,looked like he had been tripped by his Aston.
    As for Dein,this subject has been raised for a few years now,yes he should not be there,a definite conflict of interest.

8. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    No-ones arguing. Some of us can accept (and detest) what our players do, others, quite clearly can't.

9. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Which is it,accept or detest?

10. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    Both. I accept the critcism of players diving and detest the fact they do it.

Still, by the looks of things the two worst culprits are leaving anyway.

11. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I'm in full agreement and when Ferdinand ****s off I'll be a happy man.

12. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    because our defence did so well the last time he was missing?

13. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,759
    Ferdinand should be ashamed of himself after the way the club stood by him over the drug test.

14. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    So Marc he should hold us over a barrow should he.Yes the defence was ****-poor without him but the ****** could atleast give a full decent season before he starts shouting for more money.We paid him over £2m for 8 months while he went round shagging slappers and getting ******,laughing his ****ing nuts off at us.£10,000 a week makes no odds ton someone who earns £100,000 a week.If he does not back down and stays for the remainder of his contract the fans will make his life hell,me amongst them.

A few weeks ago I was gonna start a thread 'Rio Ferdinand-is he a ******' but realised it was a foregone conclusion and 99% would agree with me(Reds and others).