Quantcast

Should Big Ben Chime to mark the EU exit on the 31st Jan?

Should Big Ben Chime to mark the EU exit on the 31st Jan?

• Yes

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 25 30.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rustybin

Distinguished Member
So the top and bottom is, you have no idea what your talking about.
I had an appointment to have an MRI at Salford Royal in September. It was cancelled because the machine was broken.

I had it rescheduled for October. It was cancelled because the machine was broken.

It was then rescheduled for December in Bury (in a portable scanning station in the carpark).

I think you'll find I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I said I didn't know how long it was broken for - and it could well be fixed by now.

The fact is I waited almost 4 months for an MRI because the machine was broken.

Bigfingers

Distinguished Member
I had an appointment to have an MRI at Salford Royal in September. It was cancelled because the machine was broken.

I had it rescheduled for October. It was cancelled because the machine was broken.

It was then rescheduled for December in Bury (in a portable scanning station in the carpark).

I think you'll find I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I said I didn't know how long it was broken for - and it could well be fixed by now.

The fact is I waited almost 4 months for an MRI because the machine was broken.
It could be broken for any number of reasons. They could be waiting for a part hard to source for example. It could have nothing to do with finances.

More to the point, what has this got to do with marking the exit of the EU?

rustybin

Distinguished Member
It could be broken for any number of reasons. They could be waiting for a part hard to source for example. It could have nothing to do with finances.

More to the point, what has this got to do with marking the exit of the EU?
I thought it was a thread about how public money could be better spent.

We've already established that private money can be spent on fireworks, walking down the streets with bells or whatever people want to do on 31st Jan.

I'll probably get a takeaway.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Like who gives a flying fudge what they think:rolleyes:

You put it out to tender and you'd be trampled in the stampede to get to Big Ben.:D

Bl4ckGryph0n

Distinguished Member
It's about the cost of a decent second-hand MRI machine. Salford Royal doesn't have one at all (it's broken and has been for - no idea how long). The money could be spent on that - that would be worthy of a celebration so that people don't have to have an MRI scan in a portable scanning machine in Bury Hospital Car Park.
So with the London fireworks you can buy five every year ;)

SteakAndCake

Distinguished Member
Like who gives a flying fudge what they think:rolleyes:

You put it out to tender and you'd be trampled in the stampede to get to Big Ben.:D
How many rabid Leavers can fit in a 150 year old structurally unstable tower? I don't know but would personally love to find out. Carry on.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
It's about the cost of a decent second-hand MRI machine. Salford Royal doesn't have one at all (it's broken and has been for - no idea how long). The money could be spent on that - that would be worthy of a celebration so that people don't have to have an MRI scan in a portable scanning machine in Bury Hospital Car Park.
What we were sending the EU for one year would fund all diagnostic imaging - MRI scans, x-rays - for ten years with a lot left over.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
How many rabid Leavers can fit in a 150 year old structurally unstable tower? I don't know but would personally love to find out. Carry on.
Me too. Do you know any?