• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Shots from yesterday

Delvey

Distinguished Member
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/delvey/Random/DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2171.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/delvey/Random/DSCF2023.jpg

DSCF2032.jpg

DSCF2038.jpg

DSCF2179.jpg

C+C welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

denno75uk

I quite like the first one, cause of the look on his face and the pose really. It works well in BW.
I don't want to be rude, but the rest are just nothing shots really. Nothing of any interest and not particularly thought about. At least, that's how they appear. I think I understand what you're trying with the Magners and French Fancy shots, but photos like that, however simple some of the examples you've seen may appear, require a bit more thought. Aside from the fact that the subjects themselves aren't anything anyone would want to see particularly, the backgrounds are too busy and detract from the subjects. To make them work better, a simple plain background, some thought to composition and typically alot shallower DOF would be needed. Even then, it's no guarantee it'll work.
Keep going though. Try a few different things and keep posting for feedback.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
No problems. Was using my s5700, which I think is limiting me now. Ive picked up my A300 today, so will be shooting alot more and will give me alot better control over certain aspects. Think I'll need a few days to get used to it. Already looking for a telephoto lens as well. Think the misses might kill me if I go and spend another few hundred straight away though

denno75uk

Definitely a DSLR will allow you more control. Once you get to grips with what you're doing, it's about telling the camera what you want it to do instead of it making all the decisions for you. The A300 will likely really spark your interest in photography too. At the very least, it's a top new toy to play with.

A few sites to get you going:

Bernie's Better Beginner's Guide to Photography

Digital Photography Tips and Tutorials

Photography tips and techniques: articles and guides from Photo.net

Light Metering

Understanding Exposure - SimCam - Film and Digital Camera Simulator - Photonhead.com

Focal length comparison tool, Tamron USA

And there's the Sony Alpha thread here too.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom