Shot Sanyo Z2?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by peterxxx, Jan 2, 2007.

1. peterxxx

peterxxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have got a problem with a Sanyo Z2. It is just over 2 years old and i changed the lamp after the first 12 months and reset the lamp replacement indicator with no problems. I noticed recently detrioation of the image on the right hand side of the image, though the lamp replacement light has not activated - even though it is a longer period of time than when it activated before and i replaced the lamp. Anyway, the next day the image had a circular, though permanent mark right in the middle. I have inspected the lamp module but there are no signs of damage or any other signs of damage in other user servicable area of the projector. Today i swopped out the tube for the old one which i kept (for some reason) and found the problem was still in the middle of the image. Does this mean that my Z2 is busted? or can this be repaired?

Peter

2. TCCP123

TCCP123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem with the same projector, of the same age. I made the same assumtion as you that it was the lamp and replaced it, with the same result. I have now lived with this problem for about three months waiting till the new year and an expected drop in the price of LCD screens. My image is now covered by a bluish cast with a large yellow cast of oval shape in the middle of the screen. I can put up with it in brightly lit scenes but in dark scenes it's atrocious. I've deduced from other posts that it's not economical to have repaired, and in fact ordered a 42" LCD today. I'll miss the big screen but not the regular lamp replacement, noisy fan and need for a dark room for a satisfactory image. I hope you have better luck.

3. JamesBaby

JamesBaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    It seems that you have allowed dust to get onto the LCD panel or optics. The Sanyo's have 3 year warranties, so contact your dealer or local service agent and see what they suggest. It might just need a clean.

:)

4. Penfold73

Penfold73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    It sounds like a deterioration of the blue polarizer. It should be fixable under your warranty.

5. linnite

linnite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I had the same on a Z3 after a shorter length of time. Ivojo who supplied it to me arranged the repair which took a long time (Sanyo's fault) but was FOC, no attempt made to blame me which I did originally fear.