Shortest lived Q95t 55inch screen EVER???

Jester1066

Hi All,

I placed my order for my new 55inch Q95T Samsung TV, with www.Richersounds.com (Bristol) on 27th June. I eagerly waited with anticipation for delivery - Tuesday 14th July - TV was delivered. I spent the evening meticulously setting it up. Fast forward to today and a combination of a 4yr old and Ryder (from Paw Patrol), results in this...

#ThankGodForInsurance
#JoysOfBeingAParent

P.S: All donations welcome 😂🤣

Edit: All things Paw Patrol are henceforth banned from the living room. A Samsung No Gap Wall Mount is also on order!

Attachments

• received_707420646705254.jpeg
    received_707420646705254.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 445
  • received_1077725915956493.jpeg
    received_1077725915956493.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

Evokazz

Hi All,

I placed my order for my new 55inch Q95T Samsung TV, with Richersounds on 27th June. I eagerly waited with anticipation for delivery - Tuesday 14th July - TV was delivered. I spent the evening meticulously setting it up. Fast forward to today and a combination of a 4yr old and Ryder (from Paw Patrol), results in this...

#ThankGodForInsurance
#JoysOfBeingAParent

P.S: All donations welcome 😂🤣

Edit: All things Paw Patrol are henceforth banned from the living room. A Samsung No Gap Wall Mount is also on order!

Sorry for that mate glad your insured, bloody Ryder!

Reminds me of my misses who went town and got a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, the day it came out, that night she put it in the washing machine in her jean pocket.

ace919

Standard Member
Oo nasty :(least you can get it sorted.
As for the above Samsung phone and washing machine story did you take it back?or was it still working after drying out? suppose with nice conditioner it might have smelt nice:)

Jester1066

So. The Insurance appointed repairer has collected my poorly QLED, and informed me that it is most likely that I'll get a replacement unit.

Apparently, the panel cost £500 just for the part. The additional labour costs involved in replacing it would make it "economically unviable" to repair. And the "Black Bar" damage had spread further across the screen.

On a lighter note. Welcome to my temporary viewing solution:

😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20200721_165321.jpg
    20200721_165321.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 334

Jester1066

Update:

TV is "Beyond Economical Repair". A new like for like replacement is being sent.

Jester1066

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom