Short throw projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MorecambeMike, Jun 10, 2016.

1. MorecambeMike

MorecambeMike
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey All, looking to buy my first projector and very keen on getting something with a short or ultrashort throw. Really in need of some help if anyone has experience with them

It's going to be used almost entirely for movies. I like the idea and neatness of UST, so I can just place it and a sound Bar up against the wall

Looked at the LG PF100u and discounted due to its light output and its limited availability (plus the fact that all the nice features seem to have been stripped from the eu version)

Currently looking at Benq W1080ST+ (which would live on a coffe table ) and seems to get reasonable reviews or the Optoma GT5000 which I can find very little about other than one fairly scathing review on this site.

Does anyone have experience with either of these or another recommendation? Would like to try the Optoma but it's a big outlay without some robust reviews.
    Thanks
    Mike

2. Saalty

Saalty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    The problem with the GT5000 is the fixed throw ratio, so you'd have to move the projector to get the right size screen.
    The 1080st+ however is a good little projector, so personally, I'd go for that.