Short Throw Projector for £400?

locky

Standard Member
I'm looking into buying a projector to install in a fairly narrow room. The projector will be about 3.5 - 4m from the screen and the kind of thing I'd be looking at (HD67) recommends over 4m. Is there any disadvantage of having the projector closer, apart from the reduced screen size? Will I need a short throw specific projector for this kind of distance.

Thanks...

kbfern

Distinguished Member
There is nothing I know about that says recommends over 4mtrs from the screen for the HD67, 3mtrs+ will be fine although this will determine the minimum size screen you can get.

What size screen were you wanting to achieve?

locky

Standard Member
At least 80" I guess. The front of the projector will be 3.1 m fromt he screen and the seating area 2.75 m from the screen. Just wondered if a standard PJ rather than a Short Throw would be adequate. Am considering the HD67 as an option....

Thanks

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Optoma HD67 Projection Calculator - Throw Distance and Screen Size

You can get around an 86" diagonal from 3.1mtrs (face of lens to face of screen) with the HD67 and as you can get them off e-bay right now from pc world at around £339 they are very good value.

These days short throw would be classed as standard, longer throw lenses seem to have fallen out of favour in the last 2-3 yrs.There are a couple of options of ultra short throw (Optoma GT750 being one) which will give 100" from around 6-7ft throw.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom