Question Short Throw Projector advice.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by John545, Aug 8, 2016.

1. John545

John545
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've decided I want to get a projector in my room, however, i'm limited by space so it will need to be a short throw projector, and one with a good throw distance ratio. I want to create a 110" image withing no more than 1.8m between the projector and the screen.
    Having spent a while searching around online, I think that the BenQ W1080st+ is a good bet. However, on their website I came across the TH682ST, which seems to me to have all the same specs, other than the brightness, where the th682st is brighter at 3000 lumens, compared to 2200 lumens from the w1080st. Everything else is the same as far as I can tell, contrast ratio, throw distance ration, resolution and so on. But the w1080st is actually £200 more.
    So does anyone know why this is? Is there something im missing that makes the w1080st the better projector and worth £200 more?
    Also if you have any suggestions for any better alternative projectors below £1000, i'd be grateful. Thanks.
    John

2. John545

John545
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump

3. ossij

ossij
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump

Also, anyone who has had the chance to compare the BenQs, and possibly also Optoma GT1080e ,your views and suggestions would be greatle appreciated!