1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short Throw Distance

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nanookles, Apr 27, 2005.

1. nanookles

nanookles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I currently have a Sony VPL HS2 and over a throw distance of approximately 15 foot I acheive a screen disgonal size of around about 105-110 inches.

I am looking to upgrade to a budget DLP projector and read a review of the Themescene H30A which stated 300 inches over 3 metres.

Having undertaken further research, this was incorrect and using a screen size calculator I would get about 79 inches which just is not big enough.

So....can anyone please reccomend a similar quality DLP projector which would offer me a greater disgonal screen size.

Ideally I am looking for as big as possible but I only have 15 feet of throw to play with.

At the very least I would expect to acheive the same size as the VPL as the advantages of DLP would win out, however, even bigger screen size is preferable.

I appreciate the bigger the screen size at the throw I am talking may decrease picture quality, but, I am short sighted so would not notice such issues.

Any help very much appreciated.