Question Short throw 4k advice please

kingaaa

Looking at replacing my Optoma gt1080 for a 4I short throw projector, but can't seem to find one that suits my needs. The replacement MUST be capable of up to a 150 inch image and be able to be ceiling mounted. Not bothered about 3D, would like to try laser but haven't seen one that can be ceiling mounted. Would also like corner to corner keystone adjustment.....anybody steer me in the right direction?

noob0101

Looking at replacing my Optoma gt1080 for a 4I short throw projector, but can't seem to find one that suits my needs. The replacement MUST be capable of up to a 150 inch image and be able to be ceiling mounted. Not bothered about 3D, would like to try laser but haven't seen one that can be ceiling mounted. Would also like corner to corner keystone adjustment.....anybody steer me in the right direction?

What is the room length?

There are no 4K short throw models in your budget.

noob0101

no particular budget, up to around 3 grand

The only short throw 4K is the BenQ LK953ST.

USTs may be another option, and some can be mounted in the ceiling, but I don't think many can do over 120". The screen should also be tensioned without waves.

However, there are other projectors out there, it depends if they can be mounted further away. Like the Benq TK850 or Optoma UHD52ALV and variants.

kingaaa

The HD31UST did interest me, but it only seems to do 120, at the moment my screen is 129 (if you take the black border into consideration), but I do plan on making a bigger screen. long throw is not an option at all, it's not for a cinema room but a cabin at the end of my garden for watching sports while having a beer (dont do pubs) or maybe some music videos in the background. There would normally be a few people there so anything except short throw just wouldn't work I'm afraid.

Attachments

• 20200609_194053.jpg
    20200609_194053.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 72

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom