Short notice plea for help....Demo PJ

P

Pete Delaney

Hi folks,

Missus has agreed to go demo a PJ, I am interested in ae300, Hitatchi tw10 and epson T10/200 models. I am located near Salisbury and am willing to drive up to 90mins to a showroom.

Can anybody recommend a shop that is in striking distance (not a hi end hifi dealer who would charge well beyond internet prices as I may purchase today).

My parents are here today so they would babysit. Hope to strike today while iron is hot and planets are correctly alligned!:D

Please help if you can!!!

Regards,

Pete....

Well no replies:( I guess these products are still in their infancy with regards to high street retailers...

the way it works is u use them to demo then get the products off the net if the retailer is too expensive. but least u got to demo.

never fall into the must buy to day lark. almost always ends in tears.......lol

In the end I did get out and about yesterday...By chance I happened to see an ae 300 which was set up in John Lewis. The guys had it set up really well. First they chose a really bright room with lights all around. Then they placed the screen within 2 feet of a large down-light source. You know i stared at the screen for ages and suddenly it hit me, there was a picture on the screen...barely discernable at first but it was there, it was a really poor feed of a Corrie episode (YUK). I had to congratulate the salesman on such a fine set-up, and baring in mind these PJs can be had for £930 on the web I thought the John Lewis price tag of £1650 was the final stroke of pure genius!:rotfl:

I hope that you don't mind me giving u a little telling off here. I think that you are being just a tad hard on the shop in question. Lots of people use their projectors at home in the exact same conditions that you describe in the show room. And indeed, lots also only use their projectors to watch old episodes of Corrie. I'm sure that this shop as only trying to cater for those people. I bet that for every one customer like yourself (using a projector in a darkened room, wanting to use a good source material and not wanting to pay through the nose) there are three customers who would fall into the type this shop is aiming at.

Conor

Conor,

We are all entitled (and indeed should be encouraged) to our own opinions and observations, surely that's how we obtain a democratic forum with a broad band of opinions which will allow others to make an informed choice. I totally respect your thoughts with regards to how you may like to use or purchase a PJ. However, my observations are equally valid (and entirely factual in this case) as would 1000s of other opinions be, if they were posted on the same topic. So don't feel that you need to tell me off, because you don't...just post your opinions/thoughts as that's what it's all about.

Warmest regards

Pete...:)

Sorry Pete to have upset you on a Sunday afternoon:blush:

I thought that you would realise that I was being ironic or if not, that I was in need of some serious mental medical assistance. Nobody in this entire universe would have conditions at home similar to those in that shop demo room. It just amazes me how so many shops expect us, as customers, to part with very large sums of money on the basis of totally useless demos because of the conditions in the shop.

Mental note to myself: Conor, don't forget to put smiles in posts :D

Conor

Pete....

I totally respect your thoughts with regards to how you may like to use or purchase a PJ. ..................... So don't feel that you need to tell me off, because you don't...just post your opinions/thoughts as that's what it's all about.

This is brill........ Conor is known across the web for his sense of humour...... take a look at This thread....... and make sure to read This Thread.... before you're tempted to reply !!!

Conor,

Absolutely classic.............:D

Sean G.

There I was doing my diplomatic best trying not to offend those with a negative IQ......how does it go? Hook, line and sinker....:clown:

Still I hope you agree...my reply could have come straight from the UN. I have watched this forum for quite some time and have seen egos shattered and tempers lost over the most ridiculous of reasons...hence my softly softly approach.:smoke:

As for Conor, well m8ty, you owe me a PC, I tried your water cool trick and the electrics blew:mad:

Now let's see you put this situation right:mad:

Thanks Sean

Pete,
Just like the other 14 people who have flooded their PCs on the basis of my "Water Cooling" thread, of course I'll replace your PC. Just send me a PM with the specification and I'll try to have a replacement with you within two weeks

BTW I was really impressed at how calm your reply was to my first post. Great diplomatic skills. 'Ever consider becoming a star ship captain?

Conor

Originally posted by Comer
Just like the other 14 people who have flooded their PCs

Just to correct you there Conor, it was just one person who flooded 14 PCs. He was dedicated you see & didn't give up.

He did get there in the end & is now the happy owner of a P2, 266mHz which is entirely watercooled.

Kramer pats himself on the back for a job well done..........

:D

Originally posted by Kramer
Just to correct you there Conor, it was just one person who flooded 14 PCs. He was dedicated you see & didn't give up.

He did get there in the end & is now the happy owner of a P2, 266mHz which is entirely watercooled.

Kramer pats himself on the back for a job well done..........

:D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Conor

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom