1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short, flat Scart cable - where?!?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by dougbryson, Sep 23, 2004.

1. dougbryson

dougbryson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

My new DVD player is much deeper than my old one and hangs out the front of my rack a bit too much. If I could find a less chunky Scart lead that doesn't stick out the back as much then I could get it in a bit further. Does anyone know where I could get such a thing? All the flat ribbon type scart leads I've seen are still very deep too, so are there any available that are narrower?
    Any advice much appreciated.

2. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Not to sure about the scart cable they all seem to be on the bulky side, what rack are you using, most AV racks i have seen don't have backs so this sort of thing shouldn't be a problem.
    Have you considered another type of connection ie-Component if your gear has the connections availablen or as a last resort s-video, you could consider cutting out a small section of the backboard on your rack ?? a bit drastic but it could do the trick :eek:

I'm sure you have considered all the above anyway so i'll stop ranting as i've been no help whatsoever :beer: :beer: :beer:

3. dougbryson

dougbryson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice Fuzzy - my rack has an annoying pole down the back as support and it sits right where the scart cable comes out of my DVD deck! I can't move the deck to the side as there's no room. I'd love to be able to use the component outputs but my TV aint got the inputs, and I'm not a fan of s-video so it looks like I may have to live with it...or get a new rack...or a new TV...or a new DVD player....hmmmm

4. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Ha !!!

thats the joy of being a AV enthusiast upgrade ! upgrade ! upgrade !
    trying to justify it to the missus is another joy - or problem !

If you do go for a new rack i have just bought one of these, it's a stunning rack

http://www.hifi4less.com/Custom_Design_Mirage_400___4_Shelf_Hi_Fi_Support.htm

5. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    take the plastic outside off the scart and use it bare
    (maybe a wind of insulation tape round the back)

6. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my short flat SCARTs from CPC. type "scart flat" into the search box at cpc.co.uk

8. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In your situation, I think I would simply remove the plastic housing from the connector (and use the flat cable type).