Short Circuit (TBC)

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
80s flick Short Circuit is next for the remake treatment. Spyglass Media is overseeing things, but any other details are thin on the ground. No word of the mighty Steve Guttenberg or Ally Sherry might be a part of it...

80s flick Short Circuit is next for the remake treatment. Spyglass Media is overseeing things, but any other details are thin on the ground. No word of the mighty Steve Guttenberg or Ally Sherry might be a part of it...

Your Jingling my Jangle
Jingle Jangle.jpg

Yes, I noticed that character when Kermode was talking about the Netflix Xmas movie yesterday. He described it as a weird mashup of Johnny 5 and Wall-E. He's not wrong...
I saw it this morning on Breakfast which I just got in the 2 hour repeat catchup slot the switched off. Don't know why some weeks I woke early got up and switched on only to find the got a travel program on or Click.

Part of the reason the original worked is because it was real. That's what made it so spellbinding for kids. And me :D

Throw CGI at this and Johnny 5 loses his humanity. And the film's out the window.

Man builds Johnny 5 robot from Short Circuit film

The former forklift engineer said: "I've never done anything like this before.

"I stopped counting [the cost] at £20,000 and we've missed many family holidays.

"I'm very proud of it."

Skills like that he should work in Media.

If they remake "Short Circuit", they better bring Tim Blaney back to do Number Five's voice. Pardon the pun, but he made that character come alive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom