Short Circuit (TBC)

Drax1

Distinguished Member
80s flick Short Circuit is next for the remake treatment. Spyglass Media is overseeing things, but any other details are thin on the ground. No word of the mighty Steve Guttenberg or Ally Sherry might be a part of it...

MaryWhitehouse

No. Just no.

Garrett

80s flick Short Circuit is next for the remake treatment. Spyglass Media is overseeing things, but any other details are thin on the ground. No word of the mighty Steve Guttenberg or Ally Sherry might be a part of it...

Your Jingling my Jangle
Jingle Jangle.jpg

Garrett

Yes, I noticed that character when Kermode was talking about the Netflix Xmas movie yesterday. He described it as a weird mashup of Johnny 5 and Wall-E. He's not wrong...
I saw it this morning on Breakfast which I just got in the 2 hour repeat catchup slot the switched off. Don't know why some weeks I woke early got up and switched on only to find the got a travel program on or Click.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
This will be some dreadful cgi version. No thanks!

richp007

Distinguished Member
Part of the reason the original worked is because it was real. That's what made it so spellbinding for kids. And me :D

Throw CGI at this and Johnny 5 loses his humanity. And the film's out the window.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom