Shopto - what day to expect Black ops if pre-ordered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyK

Ex Member
Reaction score
Ive got Black ops for the 360 on pre-order from shopto. I understand the games offcial release date is 9/11/10 but was trying to work out which day to take off work to give this game a good spanking. Id like to have the day off the same day I get the game. Do you think it will be the Monday the 8th or Tueasday the 9th when Shopto will deliver??

images-1.jpg

impossible to tell at the moment, last year some got it the day before, some got it on the day

My shopto order for MOH arrived today which is release day but my F1 2010 came a day before release, I think with Black Ops being a tuesday release they will dispatch on a Friday giving it a near certain chance of a Monday delivery but don't hold me to that:smashin:

Remember COD is the highest profile game launch of the year.

Retailers will be watched with the release of this game, more than other games.

I think shopto and all other retailers were made to wait till Monday to post out the game last year.

Some got it early, but i cant remember where from, maybe GAME?

Basically no one knows, not even the retailers. If they are feeling brave they may ship Saturday for Mon/Tue delivery. Any very early delivers, Fri/Sat and the retailers will get a telling off.

Most i think will post out Monday.

If your so very desperate, the best way to get it early is find a local independent retailer, who will have stock in early and will be willing to sell it 'under the counter' and probably at a inflated price too.

Last edited:
This`ll be you lot relying on the postman come Novemebr 8th/9th........

42-20562054.jpg

Tuesday release = thehut pre-order. ;)

MW2 and Halo:Reach both arrived on the Saturday before Tuesday release from them. :smashin:

Remember COD is the highest profile game launch of the year.

Retailers will be watched with the release of this game, more than other games.

I think shopto and all other retailers were made to wait till Monday to post out the game last year.

Some got it early, but i cant remember where from, maybe GAME?

Basically no one knows, not even the retailers. If they are feeling brave they may ship Saturday for Mon/Tue delivery. Any very early delivers, Fri/Sat and the retailers will get a telling off.

Most i think will post out Monday.

If your so very desperate, the best way to get it early is find a local independent retailer, who will have stock in early and will be willing to sell it 'under the counter' and probably at a inflated price too.

My MW2 arrived on release day from GAME.

MW2 and Halo:Reach both arrived on the Saturday before Tuesday release from them. :smashin:

That's where my money has gone:thumbsup:

Have just placed an order @thehut, but have an order with play too from when the game was first announced to pre-order.

Which one to keep?

hmmmmmmm

My MW2 came from them on the Friday. After I posted that here, lots of people ordered and got it next day :D I went for them again I think they are pretty good for mid week releases, with discount codes got it down to £38 as well.

ordered from thehut, £38 with 10% walkers code

My copy of MW2 came from ShopTo on release day, so this time round thinking of going with TheHut :D

Have just placed an order @thehut, but have an order with play too from when the game was first announced to pre-order.

Which one to keep?

hmmmmmmm
Also ordered the Hardened Ed from Shopto. Release day is fine with me. Last year I was 6th or 7th in line outside Sainsburys at 6am :suicide:. This year, I'm not too fussed as work is busy so I doubt I could take a day off :(. I'll be on in the evenings though :D

I have a few copies ordered with the distributor (only one im aware of that actually ships activision games) and have been told they will be released friday 5th for a monday delivery. I'm sure some companies will be requesting saturday delivery(s) for some other stock so not sure whether they will ship the games in that delivery or not? I believe they were pretty strict last year with MW2 launch.

Got MW2 delivered on the saturday morning before the tuesday release from cool shop, was cheapest on web at the time also :thumbsup:

Get 10% off The Hut or Zavvi Through Walkers – Takes 1 min to complete registration and survey

What you have to do is:

1.Follow the link to the Walkers Rainy Days website
2.Register & immediately you'll be prompted to fill in a survery.
3.Fill in the survey
4.Then Click Rainy Days Savings/Entertainment Vouchers and pick either a Zavvi or The Hut voucher.

You can register multiple times with different email addresses.

Walkers Rainy Days

Last edited:
Im still convinced the Supermarkets wil come up with some special deals what with price wars etc so i'll either be at my local Tesco for the midight launch or see what trade ins game etc are offering. I can wait an extra day/release day rather than have the anxiety of whether it will turn up a day early or worse arrive late.

After getting Halo Reach from gameplay on release day I may as well just go out into the real world & buy the game from a shop especailly after seeing Asda were offering Reach for a cheaper price than what I paid from Gameplay.

I believe MW2 was released tuesday last year? Can anyone tell me if they got their copy(s) the saturday before and managed to play it ok without any problems?

I believe MW2 was released tuesday last year? Can anyone tell me if they got their copy(s) the saturday before and managed to play it ok without any problems?

Yes I got a copy from an independent on the Saturday and played it online without any problems. They did say there were going to reset the leaderboards on the official Tuesday release date but it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom