Shopto.net, Has anyone used them? Are they recommended?

Skorne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was looking at getting a a few 360 games from shopto.net. I was wondering if they're reliable and if anyone has used them and had either good or bad experiences?

Please let me know!

thanks,

Skorne

i use them regularly they are the cheapest on the net. and if you order before 5.30 pm (weekdays you should get your item the next day!

Used them loads of times never had a problem with them,good prices fast delivery.

no if you wish to trade the games in after as the majority of there 360 state on the back of the box not for distribution in the uk and no one will have them off you i tryed to trade one in my local gamestation and was told it was a cheap euro import

Shopto.net are brilliant i use them for all my games . There Delevery is Brill and so is the service . very reccomended

Always use Shopto.net & Play.com
VERY cheap & fast delivery ( Especially when you pre-order )

Like everyone else says they are fantastic, very fast and reliable

I refuse to use them due to a some very verybad customer service from the owner in the past. Just a moral thing on my part. I accept they seem to be doing very well and these reports have dried up recently but.......

Basically calling customers liars and saying things like the sale of goods act didn't apply to them and so on.

They have sent me two European versions of games, damnation and guitar hero 3, and at present i checked their two for 25 quid offer. Assassins creed 12.95 and hells highway 8.95? Hmmmm i dont think so somehow. Other than that ive had good service, great delivery speeds and dirt cheap offers. Id recommend using them, everyone is bound to have bad experiences with some companies mind so dont let one review put you iff

I've only used them once for pes10 pre-order and had no problems at all. How can you tell if the games are euro imports? Also why is this a problem, fakes?

I've only used them once for pes10 pre-order and had no problems at all. How can you tell if the games are euro imports? Also why is this a problem, fakes?

Just that they can be harder to sell on when your finished with them and game wont take them as trade-ins.

I've used shopto numerous times and never had a problem and always get UK versions.

The game run fine but as stated nowhere bar cex dont take them as trade ins as on the back near the barcode it says not for distribution in the UK. On the back of GH3 it was different to the UK version too. No big deal really just a little bug on occasions. Still cant justify that two for 25 quid offer mind lol

I've found them very good. Quick dispatch and low prices, as others have said. I've only ordered PC and Nintendo DS games, though, and all have been UK copies. Their packages typically arrive quicker than Game, and certainly the C.I.-based retailers.

I was interested in this place when looking for a copy of COD4 this morning and found them cheaper than anywhere else by a long shot. However reading around they seem to get either 5 star ratings and reviews or at the other end of the spectrum they are completely incompetent and rude.

This prompted me to look them up on Companies House (government registered companies). I found that the registered number that ShopTo.net display on the website is for a company registered to the same address by the name of SKREAM LIMITED No 04468861. The number registered for SHopTo.net is 05820492. Why does ShopTo.net display a number for a different company? Why are two companies operating from the same address providing the same business?

I would say this would be a case of buyer beware!

I was interested in this place when looking for a copy of COD4 this morning and found them cheaper than anywhere else by a long shot. However reading around they seem to get either 5 star ratings and reviews or at the other end of the spectrum they are completely incompetent and rude.

This prompted me to look them up on Companies House (government registered companies). I found that the registered number that ShopTo.net display on the website is for a company registered to the same address by the name of SKREAM LIMITED No 04468861. The number registered for SHopTo.net is 05820492. Why does ShopTo.net display a number for a different company? Why are two companies operating from the same address providing the same business?

I googled Skream Limited and found their website (Untitled Document), although it's apparently under construction. What it does say is "Multimedia Wholesale". It would make sense that they operate as two companies because one is wholesale and the other's retail, but are operated by the same people and share resources. Google's cache of their site (Untitled Document) suggests they're not providing the same business, really.

I can't comment on the bad reviews, but I've not had bad experiences with them, and I don't think the set-up is particularly suspicious.

There are lots of reasons why two similar businesses with different company numbers operate from the same premises. It by no means points to dodgy goings on. :lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom