1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shops that demo projectors in SE london

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by footrot, Nov 15, 2001.

1. footrot

footrot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hows it going all,

Just wondering whether anyone knows about shops that demo projectors in South East London. I have been to shops very close to me but all they want to do is sell 2 of the most expensive eg SIM HT200 etc projectors and are not interested in showing or even talking (in fact they look down their nose at you as if you have smelly feet or something if you ask) about cheaper ones. Are there some shops out there that demo less expensive projectors?, if so where are they? Also I would almost give my big toe to find a shop that will let me take a projector home with me to try out.

thanks for any help in advance

Footrot :confused:

2. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You could try Musical Images in Beckenham. I have ordered my projector from there the service is very good.

Or travelling a little further you could try Rayleigh Hi-Fi in Dansk furniture shop at Lakeside, Thurrock.

They are probably your best bets.

3. footrot

footrot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that DM, Ill try those - are there any other places in London as a whole that have cheaper projectors on display, that let you trial before you buy?

regards.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi footrot.

I have a similar problem as you.I need to see some demos.

Forget Danks in lakeside,for they only now do the Sim2 , but they know their stuff and r very helpfull.......You pays your money (as the saying goes).

A place I found that has a sony vw10 on display is in Tottenham Court Road.I forgets their name but the shop is on the left in a basement as you go with the flow of traffic.I was so impressed with the Sony there that I am now going to buy a VW11.

Happy hunting......

Paul...........