1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shopping List

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Truffles, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Truffles

Truffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help, I need a shopping list and my budget is between £6-7K.

This thread actually covers loads of forums, so I didn’t know where to put it. I’ll be going to the Show this weekend, but as a home cinema/ hifi/techie illiterate, I could do with some information in advance to help me on my way.

My birthday pressie was going to be just a plasma (which will go on my chimney breast) but now I realise that as I am starting virtually from scratch, I will need speakers (5.1), dvd player or recorder, amplifer, bracket, cables/connectors etc, and sky plus. The room is quite small so I would prefer equipment to be aesthetically pleasing, ie compact speakers, smallish subwoofer, silver exteriors to the cases if possible, and a very nice set of chrome/glass shelves.

Finally, I have a JVC camcorder, a Sony digital still camera, a PC with a CD writer but no DVD writer (in another room) and a video player. What I would like in my front room is to
    a) Listen to CD’s
    b) Watch DVD’s in surround sound
    c) Watch satellite
    d) Be able to edit the digital photos and write to cd/dvd (even if this is on the PC in a different room) and then be able to view them in a picture gallery format on the plasma.
    e) Be able to edit and save camcorder footage to CD or DVD and be able to view them on the plasma.
    f) Be able to archive old videos to CD or DVD

Am I expecting miracles?

2. Silent Fly

Silent Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not at all. Sent me the 7k and I will show you a miracle!

:laugh: .......... :rotfl: .......... :rotfl:

(sorry, I could not resist)

I woud suggest you to start to draw a diagram with the connections in order to find out what you need and where.

When you finish you can allocate money to the components and have a look around to find the best for the money you have.

3. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arcam fmj dv27+(dvd)...................£1600
    (seven oaks)
    Toshiba42wp27b (plasma)(rebadged panasonic)......£2999
    (richer sounds)
    Unicol wall bracket........................£135
    (www.unicol.co.uk)

Sony va555es (amp)......................£1000
    (richer sounds)
    Eltax cinemaxx 5.1 surround...........£600
    (richer sounds)
    ixos component cable.....................£60's worth.

£6394 spent.......£606 left for other cables,speaker wires, dvd's etc.:p :smoke: