Shopping list advice please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pgd, Apr 30, 2002.

1. pgd

pgd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the mo', I simply have a Panasonic TV (5yr old), a Panasonic VCR (3yr old), and a wife who complains that the picture's too small. Hence, the decision to get a projector and related gubbins. To this end, I had considered the Toshiba TLP-MT3 as a mate has the MT1 which impressed us. However, it seems as if the MT3 has been discontinues so I was about to think about the MT4 when I stumbled across some of the forum's positive comments on the Panasonic PT AE100. Before I'd head about the AE100, I was considering the Toshiba 210 DVD player but wonder if I am back to square one now the AE100 is in the running.

I'd appreciate your comments, corrections, and advice on the shopping list; on the money side I'd like change from £3500/40000 - is this too much to ask?

Projector - Panasonic AE100 (£1500)
    Amp - Denon AVR3802 (£700)
    Speakers - Mission FS2-AV (500)
    DVD - ? (£250)
    What else do I need? (£?)

Please cc [email protected]

Thanks for your time and help

PGD

2. DRC

DRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do not forget things like cables and mounting of the projector.

if money get to be a big issue go for the 2802 these are alot cheaper.

3. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You might want a screen for you PJ too, either homemade or retail.

And of course if this is you first DVD player some DVDs would be useful ... certainly for the AE100 a progressive scan DVD seems the way to go, or better still a HCPC...

Regards

Der Pobman