1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shootout: Panny AE-500 vs Sanyo Z2 vs Hitachi PJ-TX100 vs Sony HS-20

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nelius, Jun 16, 2004.

1. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Flanners

Flanners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks a good read. I had a look at all these projectors and decided on the Panasonic as the screendoor on the Z2 and TX100 was unbearable for me. I do not need the multi adjustable lens feature so I am pleased that my purchase has been endorsed against the competitors, as you can never totally be happy when there are so many to chose from all with querks! :smashin:

3. Carduus

Carduus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nelius

Excellent article :clap: Thanks! Not sure why "the user must die" for using the lamp saving mode on the Panny or Sanyo, but they have now been warned.

For my own purchase dilemma, I keep coming back to needing the flexibility of the Z2 - pity that it seems to lose out to the fast-improving competion in many other ways ...

Thanks again :smashin:

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, a good article albeit a little "difficult" at times given the translation.

If any LCD manufacturers are reading, how about increasing the contrast ratio (by lowering the absolute black level more rather than increasing peak white level), allowing for 48, 50, 60, 72 & 75Hz refresh rate (native, 1:1 mapping via DVI) & really giving Texas Instruments AKA DLP a run for their money.....

:smoke:

5. Sprout Crumble

Sprout Crumble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Must admit, that article has helped push me a little more towards the Hitachi. Fantastic price and very flexible. I'd almost decided to pay the extra £300 over the Z2 and get the Sony, but £500 over the Hitachi is another matter entirely. I may also need the flexibility.

6. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It would be great if some german speaking member of the forum could contact the site that did the review and work with them to do a translation. I don't know any German myself, otherwise I might even have tried to do so myself. Maybe some european av partnerships.

I know Liam@progressive-av has said screen door isn't a big problem with defocus, but I'm still wary of it. It's a shame that places like Liam's store are so far away. I'm in Warwickshire, but I woudn't mind nbeing able to go somewhere where I could compare the Hitachi and Panny AE500. Might try seveoaks in Birmingham (can't actually remember if that's in town).

7. nelius

nelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0