Shooting Stock Footage

gefref

Standard Member
Reaction score
Times are hard!

I want to buy a HD Camcorder to shoot stock footage and sell on the net.

What camera can I buy that is the cheapest but good enough quality to fulfill the requirements for stock footage?
Do I need to go prosumer or is there anything on the market to get away with consumer???
Any advice or tips greatly appreciated?:lease:

Gefref

Times are hard!

I want to buy a HD Camcorder to shoot stock footage and sell on the net.

What camera can I buy that is the cheapest but good enough quality to fulfill the requirements for stock footage?
Do I need to go prosumer or is there anything on the market to get away with consumer???
Any advice or tips greatly appreciated?:lease:

Gefref
Not sure if you want tape or avchd but whichever a reasonable consumer cam would do what you want.

What kind of market is your video destined for, i.e. what kind of end use? Broadcast? Web video? Promotional / corporate video? What kind of subjects are you thinking of shooting?

The stock footage would be external gv's...
London Eye, Big Ben, Mountains etc.
It would have to be to TV broadcast standard.
ie HD 1080, possibly shot progressive if the feature is available.

Not all HD is created equal . . .

If the video needs to be broadcast standard, then forget about consumer camcorders, because they don't produce it.

Okay well that's good advice.
So would you say I'm looking at something more £3000 then £600.

Thanks

Okay well that's good advice.
So would you say I'm looking at something more £3000 then £600.

Thanks

this is FX-7 footage [not mine]i have one and it cost 1800£ it takes footage as good as plenty of hd tv programns,my consumer SR-12 matches its picture quality so you can get good footage without spending 6000£
http://vimeo.com/ronscuba

The latest video from AVForums

RESTORATION vs. REVISIONISM: At what point do 4K video and audio 'upgrades' cross the line?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom