1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shonen Knife

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Jan 8, 2003.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Anyone had a listen to this band, its a right laugh, Barbie Dolls gone mad..............only in Japan of course.

2. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi. I remember them. Fantastic. They recorded one of my favourite Christmas songs. 'Space Xmas' it was called. Must dig out the 7 inch vinyl that i have in the cupboard. Barbie dolls gone mad....spot on!:) :) :)

3. danzig66

danzig66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I remember them too! Got a tape (it was that long ago!) of 'Let's Knife' after a recommendation in Kerrang! :) You can't beat a bit of quirky punk pop, that's what I always say! Check out http://www.shonenknife.com/mainpage.html for more Shonen Knife information than you can shake a stick at!

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Had a look at this site, one of about 12 million Japanese sites. How popular is this group? Have to buy an album, any recommends.

5. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Saw them at the Reading festival back in '92. They played the second stage and, as they were one of Kurt Cobain's favourites, there were a lot people there to see them...

...a lot of confused people, more precisely.

-- Barry.

6. danzig66

danzig66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey karkus,

Check it out:http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...24224/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_3_6/202-4415133-3234249 . It's the album I started with - you can't go wrong! :) You can listen to sound samples on the page too (not very good quality and only 30 seconds long unfortunately).

Dunno how popular they are though. There albums are still reviewed in Kerrang! though and the records are released over here, so they must have some degree of following.

Have you ever heard of the Mad Capsule Markets? They are Japanese too, but much heavier. Both bands are totally bonkers though! Must be something they put in the water over there...

7. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Thats where I heard the album, sounds a right laugh. Have tosee if I can pirate it (no Coral pun intended Gambit.:D ).