• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Shocking Sky ITV quality!

Gilo64

Standard Member
Over the last few days I've noticed the quality of ITV1 has been absolutely dire. The picture is quite grainy and pixelated, but the sound is just awful - like an old cassette tape getting chewed up.

I was just watching the X Factor from last night and seeing as it's the final stages I don't think it was the singers!!

Anyone else had the same and/or any idea why?

Cheers

Starburst

Distinguished Member
ITV don't give a monkies about satellite viewers be they SKY or Freesat and overload their transponders with too many low resolution channels.

You could try ITV West Country which I believe is doubling up as a feeder and that is much higher bitrate than anyother ITV1 variant.

Giraffe76

Established Member
I live in spain and have had the problem for almost 2 weeks now so ive changed over to the ITV london channel, but i dont know how to make ITV london the default channel for channel 103...

fernandez

Distinguished Member
I live in spain and have had the problem for almost 2 weeks now so ive changed over to the ITV london channel, but i dont know how to make ITV london the default channel for channel 103...

You can't.

The default ITV1 (and BBC1) channel is that of the postcode where the subscription card was activated.
Without a card the receiver will normally default to ITV1 West Midlands and BBC1 London

ozsat

Established Member
The 103 channel is defined by a postcode list that ITV have provided/agreed with Sky.

To change the postcode (and so the ITV region on 103) on any card - you have to change the registered address of the cardholder.

So if you change an address to a London address - 103 will become ITV1 London.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
The 103 channel is defined by a postcode list that ITV have provided/agreed with Sky.

To change the postcode (and so the ITV region on 103) on any card - you have to change the registered address of the cardholder.

So if you change an address to a London address - 103 will become ITV1 London.

BUT Sky will only change the address for valid subscribers and not for FreesatFromSky card holders.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom