*SHOCKING* Purchased Burnout Revenge from Game ~No Disc~

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Nadim, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Nadim

Nadim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldnt believe it man i was eagerly looking to get home and start playing it ASAP!!

I opened the plastic covering and it was sealed also, after opening the case to my shock instead of a Burnout disc inside there was a fake plastic see through shaped disc!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I couldnt believe it!! :mad: :mad:

What shall i do? If i take it back will they believe me that it didnt contain a disc as it was sealed?
    It was only bought today and i have the reciept!

Got it from GAME in oxford street!!

I really hope its not £50 down the drain :( :(

2. MonkeyKnuckle

MonkeyKnuckle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
    i remember someone having the same problem, he bought it from argos and i think he just took it back.

so try taking back, they might believe you and lets hope they do.

3. featherhall

featherhall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,974
    that's really bad luck Nadim. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

4. AVRocky

AVRocky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Instead of going directly to the counter, ask for the manager. That way there is a sense of urgency and seriousness behind your request. You will get the game and hopefully some vouchers aswell as an apology

5. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,912
    My other half suprised me yesterday by getting me BR from Asda - the real suprise though was to find they put the standard XBOX disc inside - no harm done and they swapped it fine - the lady even commented saying a few had not had insides at all

6. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    How about you be a little less melodramatic?

Go to Game, go to the counter, explain your situation. No need to rush it, looking for a manager immediately.

7. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Whilst I agree they have the responsibility to replace it why on earth should they apologize. It's not their fault the disc was missing if it was sold sealed. :rolleyes:

8. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I know the managers there personally and they are usually quite sympathetic. If you explain the situation and tell them you just want to exchange it for another one they should do it.

9. Nadim

Nadim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you everyone i really appreciate ur concern and help.

I will speak to the manager or the staff there tomorow!

10. Nadim

Nadim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi Moogle,

you might be right if you look at it from a managers point of view but try looking it at from a customers point of view also, you will see that i missed a whole days worth of playing time on burnout! I know its not the managers fault but still he should definetly appologize as the product was purchased from his shop isnt it?

Im not expecting to get anything like vouchers from a store like GAME anyway they are a bunch of rip offs and thats the last thing i would expect even though i am there very very old customer and still use the electronic boutique rewards card in the GAME stores.
    But i would definetly be looking for an apology not that it would change anything anyway :D but still.
    Anyway at the moment im most worried about that they just change the game with another one! Everything else comes in afterwards. I know i shouldnt be worried especially if it has happened before to them then it shouldnt be a problem with me either! But im just wondering what if they have never had this before and will think to themselves that im just lieing and that ive got the game at home or somethign? Theres no way to prove really that the game was or was not in the box! Because of this reason they could get soo many people faking missing cds and stealing the real ones, what could they do then?

To tell you the truth i really hate the staff that work in the GAME on oxford street, i dont know about the managers there but i dont like the staff at all they have soo much attitude, most of them do anyway and they got no idea how to serve people!

I have no idea how GAME pick there employees but is this the best they can find? Its like they have chosen some drunkies off the pavement!

11. Nadim

Nadim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL i am having a very bad week! :(

I was ill whole of last week with throat infection, and a similar thing happened to me in BOOTS with tablets.

I purchased Benylin Sore Throat tablets from Boots last weekend (which i might add are delicous and very soothing ;) ) i got in the car, luckily my throat was really playing up and i decided to take one there and then, i opened the packet and to my amusement there was only one sheet of tablets inside and on the box it said 24, so i ended up counting them one by one and only got to 12 :rotfl: 2 times.
    Only then i realised that there is one sheet missing i took it straight back to some man doing the shelves and he just smiled at me hugely and said (walking towards the tablets section) someone must have TAKEN one sheet. Then he just gave me another pack without even checking the reciept! :D

Anyway now ive learned my lesson, I WILL ALWAYS CHECK THE ITEM I PURCHASE IN STORES BEFORE I LEAVE THE STORE ITSELF :D
    and who says internet shopping is risky and unsafe? Nowadays shopping in stores is much riskier. :smashin:

12. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Whilst you're entitled to your opinion I do think you're being too harsh on the people who work there. The majority of them both sales staff and managers alike are friends of mine and they certainly aren't as bad as you say they are. The word hate is certainly taking it to the extreme and if you don't like the staff or indeed the store or GAME in general then do them and your self a favour and don't shop there. They certainly don't have an attitude and maybe it's more down to the way you act towards them.

Most of them are on minimum wage and aren't treated very well by the company as a whole. They are always under pressure to meet targets and the main store manager is not a very nice person to work for. Certainly the other managers are for the most part cool. Sorry but if that's the attitude you have towards them then I'm not sure I have any sympathy for you. You obviously haven't worked in retail and for GAME in particular as if you had maybe you wouldn't feel the way you do.

13. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,370
    • Go back to GAME.
    • In a firm tone of voice (don't shout) ask for the manager.
    • Calmy and cleary explain the sitaution to the manager - once again don't shout.
    • Return home with a brand new copy of Burnout: Revenge

Moral of the story is, always check after you buy. Something I do all the time.

[offtopic]My sister brought the 8 Mile soundtrack from Sainsbury's, but when she got home she found it was 8 Mile DVD the movie! Nice mistake eh?[/offtopic]

14. Nadim

Nadim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok maybe i should control my anger a little bit next time :D its not that i hate them but you know sometimes when you go to a store and you arnt treated properly and the people working there are acting as if they dont care you are there, well thats the feeling i get when i enter game, and i must add i do enter it on a regular basis as its next to my workplace!

And yes you are right fortunatly ive been lucky enough to never work in a retail shop :D and i dont plan too Im happy off as staying as a Network Manager/IT Support :)

Am i right in thinking that you work in Game (oxford street) by any chance?
    And what deadlines do sales people have to meet? Please ilabarate, thats the first time ive ever heard someone working in a retail store who has to meet deadlines??? :confused: They dont do anything apart from stand there, chat to each other all day and just press a few buttons on the till!

15. Nadim

Nadim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL i bet she kept that eh?

thanks for the advice!

• I promise not to shout :D

16. Van Dam

Van Dam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +785
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

17. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Actually no I don't work there but I do know the people who do. By targets I mean quotas for selling add ons like accessories ( control pads, memory cards, deals of the week etc. ), reward cards, taking preorders for games etc. All the staff have targets to meet and get reprimanded if they don't. Sorry but you are pretty naive if you think all they do is stand around chatting to each other and pressing some buttons. Working in retail is much harder then you think. Whilst I am the last person to defend a retail establishment at the same time I have to voice my opinion at the general ignorance of people when it comes to the retail industry both local and internet based, and especially when someone makes negative comments about people I know personally.

18. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,370
    She was actually ready to return it!! I was like "no way! are you crazy?! you got a movie for the price of the soundtrack!!" After about 20mins of me nagging her she decided to keep the DVD lol. I mean you gettin the soundtrack anyway + the movie! lol!! :D

19. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    I had a similar situation, but with CD Wow and with a DVD a year or so back. I bought the Band of Brothers boxset and it was missing a disc. I emailed them and they just sent another and I returned the old one.

They have to give you the benefit of the doubt here to be honest. The fact that you have a plastic filler in there seems that that disc somehow missed the manufacturing process of maybe it was just a cap that was ontop of a new stack of blank discs that someone forgot to take off. The whole process is automated from the disc being produced to being inserted into the game box and sealed.

They most likely see this from time to time so should be OK to replace your game for you.

20. Anotherlimey

Anotherlimey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +930
    Ive always found the staff in various Game stores ive been in very helpful and friendly and the returns policy very good, Even taking back games with no proof of purchase, Im not loyal to game i buy where i find the best deal, Just seems a trend on this forum to bash game for some unknown reason :rolleyes:

21. a_friend

a_friend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just like the game says you need to take

REVENGE:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

i went to Game the other day and got mce remote for 360 and to my suprise i got an extra fiver in change

22. noikz

noikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I bet you get better gameplay from the plastic disc. ;)

23. Nadim

Nadim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

lol

THAT WAS WHAT I WAS THINKING.

Just imagine if someone who had no idea about games actually bought this and thought that it was a new type of disc for the xbox360!! :D

He would put it in the console only to completly demolish his consoles laser! :eek: It could cost dearly.

Anyway im taking it back today most likely lunch time so ill let you people know how i got on!
    I really do hope they give some consolation for missing out a days worth of play and for being dissopointed, as i think i deserve this atleast!

24. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I dont really see why you need the manager, it has happened to me twice with Gamecube games but here was nothing in there at all. It was annoying as i got home before i realised.

They will swap it no problem im sure.

25. syntax error

syntax error

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you being serious? Dream on, no chance.

26. featherhall

featherhall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,974
    I think you may be pushing the boat out a bit if you want something extra :rolleyes: (as it is obviously a packaging mistake from EA's contractors). i wouldn't ask them for any compensation, but learn (as I have by reading these stories) to open the case up in the shop (assuming its not a gift.
    Anyway, hope you get it sorted.

27. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,912
    Not too sure if I am a fanof this "compensation culture" - its a game at end of day and everyone is capable of making mistakes

I remember when I was let down by Amazon over my 360 and got rather annoyed at the lady on the phone (who I realised after the call was only trying to help) - she gave me a free game and I still go the vouchers - but was annoyed at myself for getting so wound up

28. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Just take it back to the store as soon as you can and you'll be fine (it happened to me once), the fact that there was something different in it's place will help your case. Asking for compensation on the other hand, is only ever going to lead to them thinking you're giving them the runaround. At the end of the day it's not Game that are at fault and expeting more than an exchange is just being greedy.

29. m40wen

m40wen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Well just ask for Bus Fare Home! lol

I am pretty sure that this happened to a forum member previously (I cant find the thread now) with regards to sega goods years back. It seems that some light fingered jockey nicks them at the factory. Its not even that difficult to open the seal.

But I cant see this being Games fault (unless of course a Game employee knicked it!), so we should treat this as Game bashing. :nono:

As for compensation, if its given that shows excellent customer service, but I dont think you should expect it.

30. Nadim

Nadim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oH MY GOD UR NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS!

I TOOK THE GAME BACK TO THE PERSON I BOUGHT IT FROM (STAFF MEMBER) AND SHE LOOKED AND SAID [DELETED] and then took the game back inside the back.

A bit later a [DELETED] came out with curly hair and checked another burnout disc and told me that they are nothing like the same.
    He told me that the empty disc looks like somthing from a cake :confused:

and he said that if it was a proper disc it should atleast have some code or somthing around the middle.

He then told me to phone microsoft and speak to them and i denied to and asked him to call, he said that they dont listen to shops :confused:
    He then said to me the other thing we can do is call the police, and i agreed and said go ahead.

All of a sudden he changed lanes and started talking about contacting MS again.

(Game in oxford street are complete [DELETED] especially the members working there, do u know what i even think that the man changed the empty disc with something else. Because the one i had given him was brand new and shiny, the one he showed me was oily and was even scratched. Bloody criminals)

ANyway when i got home i phoned EA and they told me that the shop has to change it and that i should definetly take it back.

Bloody fools are making me run around in circles and im soo [DELETED] off.

I should have called the police there and then :mad:

im not the kind of person who would like to ask for a compensation or anything but definetly now i should be looking to get one for my troubles!! I just hope they offer me it themselves! But then again going by GAMES customer service in stores its disgustingly horrible!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I will take it back once more lets ssee wat happens now!!

[MOD COMMENT - Please do not circumvent the swear filter]