Shocking customer service (Nintendo)!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by Jon Weaver, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +752
    I just wanted to warn anyone about the sort of Custoemr Service which Nintendo are offering.

I have a problem with on of my controllers and normally would take it back tot he point of purchase. But due to limited stock, decided to drop them a mail instead asking whether they could sort it out.

I didn't get an acknowledgement, let alone a reply, but since its early in the year I figured and they are recovering from Christmas, thought I woudl give them the benifit of the doubt.

So, i decided to call instead.. For 2 days, I have simply been getting 'engaged', so today I just sat there hitting redial. After appox 20 attempts, I got ringing following a recorded message saying "Sorry we can't take your call right now, but an operator will be with you shortly".. It then went on to say "Your call will be answered in 58mins".. FIFTY EIGHT minutes.. Whats going on.. Do they just have one person answering the calls.

I know that they are busy, but expecting you to wait almost an hour on hold for an operator is unacceptable.

Has anyone else been able to get hold of them??

Jon

2. t1m103

t1m103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    been trying also for 2 days only to get engaged tone,top service!!.

3. MASONL20

MASONL20
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive contacted nintendo in the past, never got no were with the phone line number. i have got emails back but there were always within 14 days after they were sent. hope this helps

4. stubabyuk

stubabyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same trouble here! Tried to get through to get help with the Forecast Channel. Engaged constantly but finally got through - told by an automated voice that my call would be answered in 28 mintes 10 seconds or something ridiculous... kept holding - this time went down then UP then down again then UP again. Imagine my excitment when I was told 'your call will be answered in 15 seconds'..... this message went on for ONE HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have sent a stroppy email to Nintendo technical Support but that was before Xmas and no reply so far.

SO, I sent an email to Nintendo Technical Support USA who replied fairly promptly (2 days I think) but told me they could only support customers in America!!

Nintendo Customer Service is and always has been absolutely useless.

Anyone else had problems?

5. sparced

sparced

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    There's complaints and disgust for Nicky Campbell and his team from "Watchdog" to challenge and then theres this, which wouldn't even make it on to "Short Change" the consumer affairs CBBC program thats similar vein to Newsround.

My Wii is coming tomorrow, if the weather Channel is not working, they'll be hell to pay.

6. Ch0pper

Ch0pper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Actually I think they've been great and I've had allsorts of trouble after my Zelda disc getting stuck in the machine back on the 8th (check out the Wii problems thread)!

Sure the phone line is busy but that's mainly due to numpties calling up about their replacement wriststraps and asking how to work their own wireless networks.

They were good enough to repair mine as soon as they got the replacement Wiis in on the 20th and ship it to me on the 21st. They actually shipped it direct (and free of charge) to where I was spending Christmas, in Malta so that I wouldn't be without it over the holidays!

When a new machine comes out you can bet the phoneline will be chocka with people calling up. But please leave the comments at that. As far as their customer service itself is concerned it's second to none..

More people on the phones would mean less people fixing the boxes right now which would lead people to complain about a slow turnaround time for broken Wiis..

The phones may be busy but the people on the other end are bloody good at their job and very helpful.

If you want to get through call when it opens in the morning. I only had to wait about 2 minutes at 8.30 am (try it yourselves in the morning).

Call at lunch or mid day and of course they'll be busy! The machine has only been out a month and most people only unwrapped theirs and turned it on on the 25th December!

7. paulio56

paulio56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lines are maybe engaged because of silly queries like the one above, people with genuine faults can't get through whereas your question could more than likely be answered via google.

Stick your head out of the window.

:devil: