• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Shock absorber gone?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Driving home from work and heard a pop. Hadn't hit a pot hole or anything. Noticed my steering was pulling to left. I've had a check of all 3 wheels and the only issue I have come across is the rear drivers shock absorber. The wheel hardly went up when I jacked the car either. Have attached a picture
uploadfromtaptalk1400858509502.jpg

un1eash

Distinguished Member
Yes that has gone. Replace in pairs.

Delvey

Distinguished Member

car-man

That isn't a failed shock absorber it is only the dirt shield, however it would be best replaced.

Keep looking for the reason why it is pulling to the left.

gangzoom

Distinguished Member
Yeaph that's just the dirty shield and bump stop behind it. Press down on the rear of the car, if it doesn't 'bounce' than the damper is fine :)

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Thought I'd risk it going to work and nearly ended up in a barrier. It feels like a wishbone or wishbone bush but there doesn't seem to have any play. Possible steering rack?

car-man

Do you still have the 406?

If you want it looking at this weekend I'll be happy to take a look for you without charge if you can get over my way.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Get it sorted, you aren't able to control the vehicle.
Post 7 - great!

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Do you still have the 406?

If you want it looking at this weekend I'll be happy to take a look for you without charge if you can get over my way.
Yes mate. And that would be great! Where about are you?

car-man

I think that's called a rear, lower horizontal stabiliser link bar.
I can find out in the morning where you can get one....it might be best to PM your reg number.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I think that's called a rear, lower horizontal stabiliser link bar.
I can find out in the morning where you can get one....it might be best to PM your reg number.
Will do just got your Pm

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Part sourced from scrappers. It was utterly rotted and had no strength in it so I'm hoping this solves my issue. The rear tyre was way out of alignment. Massive thanks to car man for the help. Shows how top the members of this forum are

Delvey

Distinguished Member
And here is the offending part!
uploadfromtaptalk1401203435472.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom