1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shinco

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by RockStrongo, Sep 19, 2005.

1. RockStrongo

RockStrongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hello,

Bought a Shinco 7" portable DVD player from Play.com just over a year ago and it's started sticking in the menus. When you select an episode of something like Futurama it'll often just hang there or return to the title menu. Anyone any idea on how to fix this or any idea where I might be able to take it to get it repaired?

Thanks

2. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Sorry for hijack

On the same note I've had my Shinco just over a year from Firebox and the laser mechanism has become extremely noisy, a real metallic grating noise, so any advice to RockStromgo applies here.

Cheers.

3. RockStrongo

RockStrongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Aah . . .mine has made that noise from the start. I thought that it was normal!

4. heelsie

heelsie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bought mine fromAmazon about 4 weeks ago .I watched 3 films on it and it then started to play up. When I put a disc in it would not read it (any disc). The disc just continued to spin at very high speed. I contacted Amazon and they told me to send it back and they sent me a replacement within two days, no questions asked. Mine also makes quite a loud whirring noise, I think that this is normal