1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shinco 1720a hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by karltomjack, Dec 12, 2004.

1. karltomjack

karltomjack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone help me on the following, ive just bought my son a shinco 1720a dvd player for xmas after reading many reviews . however i bought the player from scan computers under the belief that all of the 1720a models were multiregion and now after reading again the specs on the scan web page, wondering whether it is multiregion. are there any hacks for this player as yet?. gotta feeling he may be dissapointed if its region 2 only

2. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    karltomjack,
    Make sure your not making the same mistake I made today having just got my Shinco from Allcam ! I was not pushing DVDs down far enough on spindle ! must be not too critical with DVD region 2 but essential for region 1 ! Appeared as thou player was locked to region 2 but my mistake ! Once DVDs were loaded correctly played all regions 100%!!!!! Well happy !

Rich :D

3. karltomjack

karltomjack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for reply type 23, allthough he,s not run it yet the web site where we had it from actually states its region 2 not like allcam that state multiregion,so looks like im going to require a hack :( .

4. Type23

Type23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Karltomjack,
    I'd seriously consider sending it back if you can and going for the allcam one ! I believe Shinco have been updating their software in these latest models and I'm not sure that a hack exists unless you want to go down the road of flashing your firmware !!! Alot of hassle when you can get it multiregion out the box from allcam + it won't invalidate your warranty, something maybe to consider ? :lesson:

Rich