1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

she's here

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by curleous, Feb 16, 2005.

1. curleous

curleous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Viera 42" turned up today with dmr e55...now connected to yamaha rx v650 and kef ht2005.2. Ixos leads and am so impressed with component o/p on display. I am also impressed with quality of sky on the tv....then again i only had a 12 year old crt to compare with.....absolutely chuffed :thumbsup: :) .
    One question tho....i have got sky box scart o/p to dvd recorder and scart o/p of dvd recorder to av4 ,and also a component cable to av4.....when i play a dvd it works fine but if i want to stop the dvd and watch sky i have to turn the power off on the recorder and the back on again. I am sure there is a key press on one of the remotes that will enable me to do this wihout powering down and back on. Take it easy on me as i am new to all of this.

Thanks to you all for making my choice of buying equipment easier..

Thanks

Curleous

2. AudioSlim

AudioSlim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    With my panasonic CRT on the sky remote it's TV button then Help button. On AV I get 4 colour bars for the different AV input and the corresponding coloured buttons (RGYB i think ) on the remote will set the AV channel.
    Providing the sky remote fully supports your manufacturer etc yould guess they'ld be the same on your remote (you'ld have thought each manu might kind of stick to some rules here with their future compatability in terms of remote programming).
    Also on a sky+ remote the TV > Play button will cycle through the aspect rations.

Hit the TV button then press all the buttons, quickest way to find out what it does I suppose.

Slim

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    never ever use the TV button on SKY remote it disables RGB if to select AV2 on E55 remote then the sky sinal will come through the E55 to AV4 assuming SKY>E55>AV4 all set to RGB i hope can if you like connect VCR scart on sky to AV2 (composite only helpfulfor setting recording etc

4. curleous

curleous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies guys.....

i willhave a play l8r and get back to lrt u know ???

cheers....

Curleous

5. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    what is EC1 when i switch viera on with sky on I get EC1. if I then go to av chan and select AV1 I can get AV1

6. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    EC1 is exactly the same as AV1. I think EC stands for Euro Connector. The only logic that I can think of to explain why the TV uses the different notation is as follows:

If the TV auto swtiches to an incoming signal then EC is displayed, e.g. EC1, EC2, EC3 or EC4.

If the user manually selects an incoming signal, usually via the remote control, then AV is displayed, e.g. AV1, AV2, AV3 or AV4.

S.

7. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Thanks for that