1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheryl Crow Greatest Hits CD & DVD Canadian Release

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mudan, Jan 7, 2004.

1. mudan

mudan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Has anyone else bought the Canadian release of Sheryl Crow's greatest hits CD bundled with the DVD in the same case ?
    It was a bargain at £10.99 from Play - the only or possibly one of the few vendors selling this great bundle in the UK.

I've found that the CD sound quality is fine, the picture fine on the DVD but the sound quality of the DVD to be quite poor. The strange thing is that the main menu sound is good but then drops dramatically in quality when the videos begin.

Anyone else found this ?

However, looking at the review on this site of the stand alone R2 DVD, it states that the sound is quite good.

Thanks,

Dav

2. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Dav,

I have the same package and agree it was a bargain. I found the sound quality of the DVD to be OK, except for a couple of sound dropouts on track 4 "Everyday Is A Winding Road". There's a slight, barely noticeable dropout near the start of the track, and a much worse, very noticeable dropout near the end. I thought about sending it back for a replacement, but a friend has the same package and his DVD was the same, so I assumed that all of them might be the same. Does your copy also suffer from this dropout?

Cheers,
    Steve

3. mudan

mudan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have noticed dropouts but can't recall which track or tracks they were. Compare the sound quality of 'All I Wanna Do' on the main menu to the actual track and see what you find.