Sherwood SD-860

J

Jack Dotson

Anyone have one of these? I bought one with the P-965 that I had to send back, so I have it sitting in my rack and have no idea how it sounds.

Not that concerned about the video performance as my Sony is great for video, primarily got it so I could play both SACD and DVDA.

Jack,

Haven't got one myself but I have heard both the untuned and tuned versions of this player in combination with R965 and MA RS8 (what a coincidence :rotfl: )
IMHO this player sounds really excellent and can easily compete with some of the more expensive Marantz and Denon models.
The video performance btw is also remarkable.
Hard to beat when it comes to price/performance and a perfect match with other Sherwood components.
The SD860 will be superseeded by the SD871 (HDMI-upscaling) which is due any week now.

ghislain said:
Jack,

Haven't got one myself but I have heard both the untuned and tuned versions of this player in combination with R965 and MA RS8 (what a coincidence :rotfl: )
IMHO this player sounds really excellent and can easily compete with some of the more expensive Marantz and Denon models.
The video performance btw is also remarkable.
Hard to beat when it comes to price/performance and a perfect match with other Sherwood components.
The SD860 will be superseeded by the SD871 (HDMI-upscaling) which is due any week now.

Actually I think the 871 is already available, but it's being carried as thier higher end model and does not supercede the 860. The 860 is also a new model. Af far as I know they are basically the same unit, but the 871 has the upscaling, better video chip, etc. Audio wise I think their the same.

Anyhow, I'll have my Arcam AVP-700 tomorrow, so I'll get to put it to the test. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the response.

The SD871 is not available yet (at least not in Europe!), we have been waiting for it since last december. It was first announced for Christmas then february now mid march....Jeff won't confirm a final date either...
Yes, you are right about the 860 and 871 - choose the wrong word (I am not a native english speaker/writer) :D

I am sure you'll be more than satisfied with your Arcam, some mighty fine equipment that is, however I prefer the Sherwood sound to the Arcam one with my speakers (but I can only compare receiver sound - not seperates).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom