1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sherwood RVD6095RDS - Dolby Digital only 3 channel..?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Jamp, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Jamp

Jamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my Sherwood RVD6095RDS AV Amp in the Richer Sounds open box sale, without a remote or manual - something I'm living to regret!

DVD (Tosh SD330) is connected up with a digital coaxial cable, and works fine in DTS, but when the disk only has DD 5.1 I only get signal from the fronts and the centre. Even when the DD LED is on. How do I tell the amp to send the rear speakers their signals?

Any pdf (or whatever format) manual I can download from somewhere? Or a way of getting hold of a proper manual and a remote?

Cheers,

Ben

2. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    May i suggest that with the amplifier set-up menu you may find within the speaker sub-menu (where you select large/small/none) that "none" has been selected for the rear channels?

Steven

3. Jamp

Jamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the reply Steven

Sounds like a possible explanation, but wouldn't that mean DTS signals didn't make it to the rear speakers either?

How do I find the speaker set up menu? (I presume you mean on the amp rather than the sourse, in which case I've no manual.)

If I press 'Channel Selector' I appear to get a balance setting for the 5 speakers, adjustable with 'Channel Level': -7 to +7 for each, all 5 are currently set to 0, and turning RR and RL up still leaves them with no output.

Ben :)

4. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Does the amp have a Dolby 3 function and is it selected?

5. Jamp

Jamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has a Dolby ProLogic option, which if I remember rightly is meant to be 3 channel. It reverts to ProLogic whilst in dvd menus etc, but Dolby Digital is definately selected during playback of the film.

Cheers again.