1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sherwood RVD6095 set up

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Jamp, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Jamp

Jamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally made my first AV purchases after a lot of bargain hunting - things are tight on a student budget!

Ended up with:

Panasonic TX28PS1 TV (£370 Techtronics)
    Toshiba SD330 DVD (£80 M/R Richer Sounds)
    Sherwood RVD6095RDS AV Amp (£60 Richer Sounds Sale)
    Gale Moviestar2 5point Speakers (£100 Richer Sounds)

Bought the amp in Richer Sounds' sale, it was a returned and repacked item so a bargain at £60, but came with no remote or manual.

Have got the DVD connected to the amp with a digital coaxial which works fine playing CDs in any other mode (though obviously the CDs are only in stereo so I only actually get signal from the floorstanders), also fine are DVDs in stereo or 'theatre' mode, but DTS DVDs don't sound right in DTS mode, or Prologic When I say don't sound right, it's very similar to when I plug my 5.1 PC speakers into the wrong sockets on the soundcard - thus getting the front signal through the sub - all muffled and at the wrong frequency. Through my AV set up, the speach sounds like this in Dolby mode, music is less noticeable but I'm pretty sure it's not right. What I think I need is a manual! Or you kind people's advice. Any ideas what's wrong?

Cheers,

Ben

2. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    since getting my pioneer amp and up grading from a sherwood amp i often wonder how i managed with a sherwood ,not saying that there crap but you get what you pay for.MORALE dont expect too much you may be dissapointed

3. Jamp

Jamp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not having wired up my centre speaker seemed to be my problem...! :rolleyes:

Sorted now, cheers.