Sherwood RD6103

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ncmike, Jan 15, 2003.

1. ncmike

ncmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on a very strict budget. How does this model perform? I plan to use my existing stereo speakers plus purchase budget speakers and sub, probably from RS.
    Will the end result be worth it or should I wait until I can afford a Marantz.

2. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say the wait would be worth it. I must point out that I have never owned a Sherwood but have auditioned them in the past and found them wanting. Don't just take my word for it get a demo of them side by side and let your ears be the judge.

3. damien

damien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a sherwood bought from richer sounds £119 very good price and i am over the moon with it i was using my internal dd dts decoders from my sony dvpns700 and since buying the amp ive heard things in films that id never noticed beforeim running a sherwood 6103 amp with a sony dvpns700 and a set of eltax jupiter speakers my opinion tee amp rocks. but see how yourself gets on with it

4. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Hi. My brother is selling his Sherwood 7106 and Eltax Hollywood speakers. I would be happy to let you have a listen. At least that way if the sound wasn't as good as you hoped for then perhaps you shouldn't buy the 6103, which although I have no experience of, is unlikely to be as good as the 7106, which is the top model in this range.

I assure you this offer is purely for you to have a listen.........I'm not trying to sell you my brother's stuff. I know from personal experience how difficult it can be to end up with a system that you're happy with, when it's not possible to listen to the gear first, especially when you're on a limited budget.

I hope this offer is taken in the spitit intended.......from one home theatre enthusiast to another, who sounds like they're on the very first rungs of what tends to be a very long, and enjoyable, ladder of experience.

Whatever, I hope you end up with something you're happy with.

Mark