1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sherwood R956

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by SteveO, May 4, 2002.

1. SteveO

SteveO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I have just bought a Sherwood R956 from Richer but I'm having a couple of probs with it and I hope someone can help me out.

I've got the sound working great on it but I'm trying to get the Video Switching sorted on it and need some advice.

My current set-up is:

Toshiba 56WHO8 Rear Projection TV
    Toshiba 210E MR DVD
    Toshiba Video
    Amstrad Sky Digibox
    and of course the Sherwood.

What I'm wanting to do is simply have the system switch the videosource whenever I choose it. Am I right in saying that if the system is set-up correctly and I have the DVD plugged into Video 3 for example and I choose Video 3 on the Sherwood it should automatically show me the video signal as well as the sound? :confused:

I have my DVD player plugged into the video 3 component inputs on the Sherwood and component video leads coming out from the monitor area and going into the component in on my TV (normally classified as SCART 4).

Now in order for me to see pictures I have to manually change the SCART input on the TV handset so that it goes to 4. The sound, meanwhile, has been working fine. I don't think I should need to manually change the picture source...should I?

I also have the same problems with my Digibox and Video. Both have SCART to S-VIDEO + 2 RCA leads (S-VIDEO + 2 RCA being plugged into Video 1 & 2 at the backof the Sherwood)and again I have an S-VIDEO lead from the monitor at the back to SCART 2 on my TV which I have changed to an S-VIDEO type input on the OSD.

Any advice is appreciated (as my wife is threatening to hit me over the head with the kit as it's becoming an obsession now!!)

Thanx guys

SteveO

2. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its better to wire your picture sources direct rather than go through the amp. especially with budget amps.

3. SteveO

SteveO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    So why the video switching option then?I know I could plug everything thru mt TV (as I have enough inputs) but what is the point in have the switching available on the receiver?

Is this just used if you don't have enough inputs on tha back of your TV?

SteveO

4. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its for convenience and means a central control point with less wires to your t.v. personally i would use a good universal remote with macros and wire direct for the best picture quality, others may disagree.