Shenmue 3 to be announced at E3?

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Just saw this article over at VG247. It's very much a rumour at the moment, but the fanboy inside just wishes this is true!

Spanish site Meristation's rumouring that the game Sega recently signed an Unreal Engine license extension for is Shenmue III, and that the game will be on show in some form at E3.

Miyazaki

Novice Member
The only game I want to see more is Elite 4.

the.godfather

Novice Member
Great news if it's true! :thumbsup:

The original game is still in my Top 5 games ever list. That on the Dreamcast was as near to perfection as you got.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I'd love to see this, the first 2 were great! :) The QTE stuff is rather old hat now so I wouldn't be sad to see that go, but other than that :smashin:.

AgentCool

I can't believe he never said "I see" in that video!

On the subject of Shenmue, the original is one of my all-time favourites but I never really got into the sequel. It just didn't have the atmosphere of the first.

onkeh

Novice Member
I'd love this to be true but I just can't see it happening, the games cost a fortune to make and simply don't sell :(

I think your wrong, I think it would sell a huge amount, and I know I'd go and buy Shenmue 1 and 2 as well and re-play them for about the 4th time before playing the 3rd lol.

God I hope it is true :thumbsup:

I'd love this to be true but I just can't see it happening, the games cost a fortune to make and simply don't sell :(

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
I can't believe he never said "I see" in that video!

On the subject of Shenmue, the original is one of my all-time favourites but I never really got into the sequel. It just didn't have the atmosphere of the first.

Haha, "I see".... oh the memories that brings back! :D

I never got around to playing 2 on the Xbox. I wonder if it backwards compatible with the 360? If so I might have to search on eBay for a cheap copy. How did it compare to the 1st one?

Good news, if true, about 3 though!

Hungrystu

Novice Member
I never got around to playing 2 on the Xbox. I wonder if it backwards compatible with the 360? If so I might have to search on eBay for a cheap copy. How did it compare to the 1st one?

It does indeed work on the 360, although the in-game filters don't seem to work.

I'd love to play the original game again, I hope the rumours of a Wii-make are true!

Fifty

Novice Member
Haha, "I see".... oh the memories that brings back! :D

Good news, if true, about 3 though!
Blimey, was a good few years ago that I played 2 (and, for that matter, had an Xbox).

From what I remember it was pretty similar to the first, the story took you to a few different loactions (I remember you could play pool in a tower block where you also worked as a fighter). It still had all the gambling games.

But it ended really abruptly from what I remember - the most shockingly 'wait for the next game' type of finish where everything was left unanswered.

And then it appeared it would never be made. Until this little rumour. God I hope it's true.

-Jay-

Banned
The first 2 are my favorite games of all time and i've played 100's but i'm calling BS on this as we've heard it all before and always been let down, i don't think we will ever see 3 and i'm gutted about that fact. :(

Hope i'm wrong though as i really want to finish the story and kick Lan Di ass :D

OK this is one is from the Shenmue 1 on dreamcast, As you can see the graphics are very good for it's time, it's acual gameplay footage, check out the physics on the bottle hanging in the shelf of the bar...

Link
I have some vids for Shemue 2 around 100MB each, will upload them later...

FishDUDE

I've heard this around every E3 for the last few years and I'm sure there was an artical in EDGE a few years back when the fella (forget his name) from sega who made the game hinted at the possibility of a 360 shenmue 3, I guess thats where these rumors come from.

I played the first 2 on the dreamcast and liked them , found them charming but never finnished them , I then got the xbox version with it traditional terrible english dub which was great but still never finnished them. The wife liked watching me play as it was "just like watching corrie".

Hope its true but I doubt it as said previousley they cost a fortune and dont sell all that well.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

Oppo launches S1 and R1 4K smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lithe Audio AirPlay 2 ceiling speakers world's first
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Humax launches AURA 4K Freeview Play Recorder
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio adds new standmounts to F1 speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett