Shenmue 3 (PS4)

Nearly 600k already!

Backed.

75% of target met, fastest game to hit $1 million.

I can't believe it! I can't believe it! I can't believe it!

My friends all laughed at me for maintaining this day would come! Who's laughing now???!!!! :D

So, so, so, so, so, so happy! Backing for the trial version.

PLEDGED! $100

Last edited:
Shame there isn't a physical PS4 copy, but backed for a digital anyhow :)

So, does he own the IP then, and not Sega?
It is a bit odd, if all he wants is $2m surely Sony could dig deep? Good E3 fodder though, great conference moment.

I never played the original two, is the gameplay like Yakuza?? Which then begs the question, they should obviously make remakes, but who owns the franchise.

The first two games (whilst having a cult following) were mega comercial flops at the time. No company was going to put any more money this series, especially Sony who aren't in the est financial shape of their company's history

This will be fully funded within an hour or two.

$100 down from me, I have to be in the credits ;) all time fav games

So thinking about it $2 million is not a lot to make a game when the first two iterations cost circa $50 million between them 14 years ago. The inflated price tag made it a commercial flop, but Sega went OTT on it as it was being developed as a key title for the Saturn.

Whilst today's development budget will be leaner, even making the stretch goals they will need more. I imagine that the Kickstarter is proving that it's commercially viable and the Sony and Sega are providing further funds based on targets.

My $29 has pushed it over $1.95m :smashin:

Initial target now met. $2 million in about 8 hours.

Edit: 8 hours and 42 minutes apparantly

Amazing news and im going to throw a few quid in when i get home.

Wasn't there a few years back an announcement that the first two were getting HD remakes for Xbox Live along with Skies Of Arcadia?

There was an announcement by a Sega pr rep, but I don't think Sega actually own it anymore, sure they sold huge parts of it to save there own skin years back

£2.34 million lol

Instabacked.

Can't believe it's happening

Forgot I had this. Pretty sure I had it on the Dreamcast as well. Now to see if I can getting running :)

Attachments

• 1434484439644.jpg
    1434484439644.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 134
So it emerges that Sony are part funding this. Funding was contingent on meeting kickstarter target.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom