Shelf mounting

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by howieeb, Apr 27, 2007.

1. howieeb

howieeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Can anyne suggest a good looking shelf to mount a projector on? It'll be used with an Epson TW1000 which i've been told may well have to be bolted to the underside. I was all set to go with a Vogels mount but it doesn't quite fit.

2. MK_44

MK_44
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have recently finished installing my pj in a made to measure shelving system. It comprises 5 shelves approx 8` long and 7" deep. I got them cut at a local timber yard from 15mm mdf at a cost of about £40, then painted them black. Also needed to buy mounts and brackets from B & Q, also in black.

Before deciding on this, I had been to all DIY superstores, but found this best because shelves can be cut to fit the available space, they are also cheaper that shop bought ones.

Hope this helps

Mark

3. sadbuttrue

sadbuttrue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The epson being 30cm deep would require a shelf roughly 38cm deep (allowing room for cables). I also intend to shelf mount my first projector as removing floorboards for ceiling mounting is not an option.

If you want something simple and don't fancy sanding/painting, how about a second hand ikea lack (they sell for £1-£10 on ebay). The sides are 38cmx190cm.
    Ikea Lack new

You can then use some heavy duty brackets to support the extra weight/depth (can be purchased from other places such as wickes):
    Heavy duty brackets

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190
    I got this stand for my PJ. It's sold as a Micro Hi-Fi stand. It has three shelves plus the top.

It was only about £20 from Argos.

[​IMG]