Shelf heights for Samsung system HT-XQ100

confused dotcom

Novice Member
I need to find a suitable stand to put a 32" Sammy LCD plus HT-XQ100 Home Cinema system http://www.beyondtelevision.co.uk/productImgs/xq100_lrg.jpgon.
Before I buy the system I need to know how high the front loading DVD door extends upwards so I can work out much the gap in the shelves needs to be for it to function properly. It may not even fit on a stand so I will be back to square one!!:rolleyes:
Anyone out there know the answer??:lease:
Cheers

confused dotcom

Novice Member
OK, so I got the system and have now discovered that the height of the DVD/AV unit is 35 cm when a disc is ejected upwards! This is way too much for the majority of the AV stands/cabinets.
I am trying to find something at least 100cm wide so that I can stand my 32" LCD on it with the front speakers beside it. The centre speaker is low enough to place in front of the TV without any viewing disruption so as long as the stand is deep enough .
Underneath I need to have the DVD unit as described above (see picture) and somewhere a Sky + box. Most of the usual stands like Alphason etc are two tier shelves so not suitable as the shelf gap is too small Does anyone know of a stand/cabinet that will fit the above?? Ideally it needs to be smoked/dark glass and chrome or metallic (not wood) as all of the other components are piano black. However, if I need to compromise then c'est la vie! :confused:

confused dotcom

Novice Member
Ok, I guess it is a busy time of year and either
  • People are busy out shopping or down the pub
  • Nobody has come across this problem before!
Anyhow, after exhaustive searching I have worked out that I need a cantilever stand so that the LCD sits higher up, so that has narrowed things a bit! The Alphason models seem OK but I can't seem to find a black/dark glass one. I should also mention that I have a budget of around £150 max. If anyone is browsing this post and has a brainwave I would love to know.
Merry Christmas :)

K

khackett21

Having the same problem as you. I have the 32" samsung LCD tv that goes with this system, and have just 100cm width to fit my stand in (otherwise a door will hit it!). I'm thinking of wall mounting the TV and speakers and just getting a nice stand/coffe type table to put the DVD unit and subwoofer on. Do you know how to connect the system up so you can have sound with the tv ? At the moment I can only get the speakers on when DVDs are playing!

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
I hadn't really thought about getting the samsung ht-xq100 until after I bought a samsung 32" lcd and a cheapo stand from argos - unfortunately the height between each shelf isn't enough to accomodate the system.:mad: I'm considering taking out the bottom shelf to fit the system in.

confused dotcom

Novice Member
Having the same problem as you. I have the 32" samsung LCD tv that goes with this system, and have just 100cm width to fit my stand in (otherwise a door will hit it!). I'm thinking of wall mounting the TV and speakers and just getting a nice stand/coffe type table to put the DVD unit and subwoofer on. Do you know how to connect the system up so you can have sound with the tv ? At the moment I can only get the speakers on when DVDs are playing!
If you are connected up to your TV with a HDMI lead then all you need to do is press the 'HDMI Audio' select button at the bottom of the remote or alternatively use the phono plugs to connect to the TV and run it through the AUX channel on the DVD. You can still get Pro Logic sound through the speakers if you turn the TV sound down.
Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Can you use hdmi and optical with this system?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom