Shed Rubber roof (EPMD)

Too late, I've bought the glue plus I intend to use it.

I don't like the idea of leaving it loose. All the Manufacturers suggest it must be glued.

Too late, I've bought the glue plus I intend to use it.

I don't like the idea of leaving it loose. All the Manufacturers suggest it must be glued.

I can't see any reason why glue would be bad, other than if you want to remove it.

However, if it covers the entire roof in one sheet, and it's folded down, with batons all around the outside. I'm not sure exactly what they think is going to happen.

Perhaps if your shed it full of holes, a gale may blow in, inside, under the roof, inflate the rubber and you will find your shed at 20,000 feet on it's way to Australia! lol

Quite an early start for a Saturday!

At least the weather looks good where you are. I am trying to lay monoblock in the rain up here in Glasgow today.
Good luck with the project.

Cheers. Good luck with yours!

I popped my head out the window this morning and thought 'go for it'

About 8.15 I started but only did quiet things like peeling the old felt off and the trims around the shed. I've done as much as I can now. I banged on some trim around the front and edges as a temporary measure because I have BBQ guests coming at 2pm......gulp!

Nice and early :D I am sure the batons will hold fine if the wind cannot get under the rubber it can't lift.

I used these people recently Garage Rubber Roof Kits | Rubber 4 Roofs for my garage roof.

Highly recommend them as a supplier and also the products.

I had to replace some of the 8x4 OSB and rear joist as they had gotten wet and rotted, then followed the instructions by gluing down and using contact adhesive round the edges.

The trim pieces that finish it all off are also superb.

ETA: Are you not going to deal with the huge sag in the middle?

It's a Feature :)

I did deal with it, the sag was a lot bigger.

I reckon it would've taken me a day to sort the sag fully so I left it. I didn't have the time or inclination. It's a shed. I reckon I'll replace it within 10 years

No, definitely not. The sag was really bad, I propped a couple of the timbers up with batten wedges and re- screwed a couple of new bits of timber on which reduced it. To get the roof perfectly level and true would've meant a lot more work, a trip to the merchants and on that day I didn't have time. It was a quick fix that should last.

It looks fine, it's not like it your house and I've seen houses worse than that :)

In not fussed by the sag. It's one of those things. I nearly forgot my sign:D

The roof look's good a lot better then what felt does.
You have done a good job there I am going to do my one when the felt goes (I am confident it should last the winter).

I have a quick question..

On the long side of the roof, on the right, it has a small section of OSB overhanging. Would I fold the EPMD round and glue it to the underside of the OSB with contact adhesive?

The rest of the sides, I was able to screw a piece of 2" x 2" to the underside of the OSB and then overhand the EPMD and secure it with the trim that you can see in my pic.

Not much space to do the same on the fence side.

Looks like you have slide-up-able fence panels. Be nice to your neighbor and ask to use their garden for a bit.

They are my neighbours panels. Sounds like a good idea to me! Ta

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom