Shed of Infinite Darkness

Congratulations on the upgrades!! :D

Someone has stolen my speaker 🤔😂
E56774EE-B561-4220-837C-DB8AE203D72C.jpeg

Don’t worry we’ll hunt them down like the dogs they are 😁

Looks super clean! Look forward to hearing them too!
I think you’ll be (very) impressed.

Honestly can’t wait to get 10 of them in there and get them all hidden.

I think you’ll be (very) impressed.

Honestly can’t wait to get 10 of them in there and get them all hidden.
Looks great.

How are you thinking about angling and hiding the wides? Recessed and angled, or onwall with something covering it?

Looks great.

How are you thinking about angling and hiding the wides? Recessed and angled, or onwall with something covering it?
Benefit of these speakers. The arrays have a 45 degree angle built in, so they’ll be flush mounted too.

You can run multiple configs with these speakers, so when wides and atmos, I’ll only engage 50% of the array, which you can also rotate around to fire towards the MLP.

They’re probably the most flexible speaker I’ve ever seen…….and they sound absolutely fantastic too! 😎

Benefit of these speakers. The arrays have a 45 degree angle built in, so they’ll be flush mounted too.

You change run multiple configs with these speakers, so when wides and atmos, I’ll only engage 50% of the array, which you can also rotate around to fire towards the MLP.

They’re probably the most flexible speaker I’ve ever seen…….and they sound absolutely fantastic too! 😎
Ha - perfect.
Nice you keep finding valuable improvements.

I also think there is a noticeable difference moving the surrounds in to the walls, in that it moves them away from the left and right chairs. It's not a huge change but I think it'll be noticeable.

It will be interesting to see as with the Trinnov the room already sounded bigger than it was so more actual distance can only be a good thing. Especially for someone sitting in the left and right seats.

Speakers being hidden inside my bass traps……

E1331C7C-0782-4BDF-8315-793886E60CCF.jpeg

If things go to plan, I may just have all the speakers installed by Sunday evening…….

Hi mate. Quick question re. your lighting if you get a sec. We're finalising an extension to our bungalow which includes converting the garage into a cinema room. Currently the plan is spotlights, but I like the look of your sconces and it would certainly make life easier when treating the ceiling. Do you find they give off enough light given the room is all blacked out?

Hi mate. Quick question re. your lighting if you get a sec. We're finalising an extension to our bungalow which includes converting the garage into a cinema room. Currently the plan is spotlights, but I like the look of your sconces and it would certainly make life easier when treating the ceiling. Do you find they give off enough light given the room is all blacked out?
They are if I wear a head torch 😂😂

Well they certainly look imposing on my ceiling 😳😳
2EE80502-19B4-4445-99F0-8E01A07A6E68.jpeg

They will be nicely warmed by your new hush box :)

They will be nicely warmed by your new hush box :)
You’ll be surprised just how cool the projector runs now, I think it runs a lot cooler then it did prior due to the constant feed of cold air.

Well they certainly look imposing on my ceiling 😳😳View attachment 1843410
Make sure they're firmly screwed in - wouldn't want one of those falling on you!

Are you running them one-sided (i.e. angled monopole, using input 2) whilst on the ceiling? Or bipole? Would be interested to know which sounds best on the ceiling as I never attempted it (not the most living room friendly ceiling speakers!!).

Make sure they're firmly screwed in - wouldn't want one of those falling on you!

Are you running them one-sided (i.e. angled monopole, using input 2) whilst on the ceiling? Or bipole? Would be interested to know which sounds best on the ceiling as I never attempted it (not the most living room friendly ceiling speakers!!).
Monopole mate, firing at the listeners. 👍🏻

Should be hidden by the end of the day……going to have lots of mvel covered tile panels to make 🤦🏻‍♂️

My room rebuild is coming on, super busy few days, but things starting to look much better than previous. Think I’ll need to rename my room “shed of infinity” once it’s finished. I always thought it was one of the darkness rooms in the world, but it’s about to get darker still!

Photos are a challenge, but some progress shots. You’ll notice my atmos speakers have now vanished into the oblivion…..
31E550DB-1722-452C-A4B5-4211C5855B41.jpeg
8F0B0365-5FE5-43A1-A64D-1F6A1BB617AA.jpeg
34F1658E-EE51-4237-B3F0-37265DB17BB3.jpeg
077E230C-A21B-483F-9FCE-E6ECE52F053B.jpeg

And in other news………I’ve ordered an NZ9 😎

And in other news………I’ve ordered an NZ9 😎
Amazing mate! Your room really deserves the NZ9. I knew you’d do it but not this soon! Cannot wait for open day now!

Cant even imagine how good it’s going to look in a room thats going to be even darker!! How do you get darker than the pitch black that you already achieved? It was floating and popping last time so this will be truly amazing.

Amazing mate! Your room really deserves the NZ9. I knew you’d do it but not this soon! Cannot wait for open day now!

Cant even imagine how good it’s going to look in a room thats going to be even darker!! How do you get darker than the pitch black that you already achieved? It was floating and popping last time so this will be truly amazing.
Just been told it’s likely to be here on Friday all fully installed and calibrated on the same day.

This will also be the first time I will have listened to my new jbl system as I currently don’t have a PJ having sold my nx9 😁

Suggestions for first movie?!?

And who wants to come along?!? 😂😂😂

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom