Shed made from old Pallets.

Wahreo

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a couple of days off work so am thinking about building an economy shed out of old pallets.

Has anyone done this before? I have lots of industrial estates near me so I’m hoping to get the pallets FOC.

The plan was to avoid the timber being too close to the floor level by laying some blocks around the perimeter and then some timber on the blocks to screw the pallets to.

Probably pop a DPC in on top of the blocks too, for the sake of a couple of quid.

I think I’ll pop down to get the blocks and try to scrounge some pallets from somewhere.

I'd maybe get the pallets first before laying out cash for the blocks? just not sure if business's will like people coming around collecting pallets.. :D

I was in wickes car park when I posted the thread.

Blocks are already in the van. :D

Even if the pallets are hard to come by, I’ll just buy the timber.

On my way to scrounge some pallets now, there are hundreds of business’ round here.

Check around the pallets as some will be softwood (internal) and others will be hardwood (external)

They also make nice wine racks (internal) after shed is done :p

I’m not going to have it so that you can see the pallets, I was going to staple on some mebrane and then clad it in something.

......in other words, I don’t think it matters if the pallets are softwood. I have 5 pallets so far, two blue.

Pallets are purely for the structure.

the blue pallets are a the property of CHEP and can get in trouble for destroying their property. they are supposed to be returned to CHEP for reuse. i remember when monty don on garners world made a deck out of them and had to the following week make an apology and warn other people not to use them.

I’ll make sure I don’t use the blue ones and shall return them.

9B84253E-5007-4EC0-BC72-41EF9E48237C.jpeg

I’m well into pallets lol once you see what can be made from them you,can lose a couple of hours, benches tables, you,can make a cracking stand for your Roccbox I was going to use them but needed up with a pile of greenhouse benches for £20

They are like rocking horse poop round here. Wanted some for the OH allotment no one wants to hand them over. :(

This is Surrey. 10 minutes in an industrial estate and I had loads.

Not as big as a shed, but I did something similar to you for my compost bins.

Many yrs ago my father had an engineering business and did a lot of work for Hyster. When the top men came to visit their main factory, they also called at my dads premises. They were amazed he had built his office out of the large Hyster engine boxes, and because of his ingenuity, they actually gave him more work than he could handle.

Neat job wish I could just pop out and lay a course of block, mine would be like Pisa

the blue pallets are a the property of CHEP and can get in trouble for destroying their property. they are supposed to be returned to CHEP for reuse. i remember when monty don on garners world made a deck out of them and had to the following week make an apology and warn other people not to use them.

Wooden UK Pallets | CHEP UK

'Important: CHEP pallets and containers always remain the property of CHEP and can never be legally bought or sold. CHEP reserves the right to change any of the above
information without prior notice.
'

It doesn't say anything about destroying anything, they just cannot be bought or sold legally. As they were a gift to @Wahreo, I think he'll be fine. He will also be fine if he paints them, or clads them so they can't be seen or something ;)

My shed out of pallets Carl
View attachment 1006201

Looks smart mate, I’m trying to build a room for my pool table out of pallets and I’m looking for pics on the build to help, do you have any pics of your build available ? Thanks

Op good luck with your shed.

Great job, but..........
That's not what we call normal palettes is it?
I see no joins in the vertical planks, and that's about twice as tall as your typical pallet is.
You used "Super Palettes?"

It was normal pallets I promise. We used tall pallets to get the height. I will find more pics and post.

Not that easy working wuth these old pallets. A lot of them are really twisted, out of square and have bits of timber jutting out. I spent a couple of house just sorting the pallets out before I even started.

Slowly taking shape now. Looks a bit like steptoes yard and will do until I’ve actually clad it.

It was normal pallets I promise. We used tall pallets to get the height. I will find more pics and post.

I used pallets for internal work on my old shed in the year 2000 and these were from pallets designed to carry the chiller units for supermarkets.
Must have been almost 3m in length.

Like what you've done with yours :smashin:

I could’ve done with some nice big pallets but it wasn’t to be as I only started looking yesterday.

Never mind. I wanted to clad it anyway with some feather edge fixed horizonatally.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom