Shazam

Very good early buzz it seems. Definitely reminiscent of Big, the family moments are a big part of the movie, the kids are great, and it has the feel of an 80s Amblin movie. So yes, sounds very promising.

Round up of twitter reports here (social only at the mo)

'Shazam' Early Buzz: A 'Big' Throwback With Big Laughs and Bigger Heart

DC getting their act together!
Nice to see it getting a great buzz. To be fair, I've been onboard since day one, but this solidifies why it's a day one viewing. :smashin:

Every trailer I've watched for this gives me a made-for-TV vibe.

Every trailer I've watched for this gives me a made-for-TV vibe.
cool-story-bro-4.jpg

@
Was thinking about this last night before Captain Marvel. When the Shazam trailer came on there were no laughs or buzz or anything (stark contrast to the Endgame trailer). I think it looks quite amusing even if it does put me in the mind of Jingle All The Way.

I just wish this character could've have kept the original name of Captain Marvel. It would've been brilliant just for the confusion alone.

Bri

I think imma skip the preview, don't want to risk nothing else coming out and miss out on a Saturday night out.

Ok, I watched the trailer for this at the weekend and it looked awful. I must have missed something, because as soon as I read the 'Big' association in this thread, the penny dropped, Shazam is a kid, d'oh :facepalm:

TBH, the trailers aren’t doing a lot for me. The reviews I’ve read certainly don’t give me the vibe of a heartwarming, hilarious superhero comedy-adventure caper. The humour in the trailers come across as a bit obvious and forced. I’ll probably still take the boys to see it.

I didn't know that!

I don't think that's a spoiler, just me not knowing about the film or paying attention to the start of the trailer, but apologies if its spoiled anything for you..

I don't think that's a spoiler, just me not knowing about the film or paying attention to the start of the trailer, but apologies if its spoiled anything for you..

Haha don't worry about it :). I just hadn't paid attention to the trailers.

I'm all about Endgame anyway.

That's the whole deal, the kid Billy Batson gets the powers of Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury making him incredibly powerful, but still a kid trapped in a (super)man's body.

Powers broken down:

Wisdom of Solomon
  • Enhanced intellect
  • Nigh Omniscience
  • Knowledge and focus of the gods

Strength of Hercules

• Superhuman strength
Stamina of Atlas

• Superhuman stamina
  • Invulnerability
  • Superhuman durability
  • Superhuman endurance
Power of Zeus

• Power over unlimited lightning
  • Immortality
  • Electricity generation and manipulation
  • Lightning/Electricity absorption
  • Creation of electrical force-fields
Courage of Achilles

• Indomitable will
Speed of Mercury

I am going to skip the early showing, nothing interests me to see this weekend and I would like to at least go out next saturday evening.

Had close to no interest in this, but the reviews have swayed me. Booked for tomorrow's preview.
Hope you enjoy, I did not fancy at first but the more trailers I seen it seems to get better but not real one Id go and see. Funny DC not concentrating the Justice League lineup this year with as far I read the only other DC character film this year Joker.

Gotham TV show is all the DC you need.
I use to enjoy it but I got confused in season 3 stuff was going on that did not relate to season 2.:rolleyes:
No channel 5 though better to show crap reality programs that transmit a series they already bought if I remember right, and so jumped from season 2 to 4:mad:

I don't know why they did not use The Flash from the TV series in the Justice League Marvel used SHIELD TV show crossing over with there films.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom