Shawshank Redemption

Hi they just got the blu ray:Da very good picture,for the age of the film,also pick it up for £8.98 in sale :rotfl:
As above what sale, I wouldn't mind a copy on blu-ray

Curly

I believe it's in the HMV online sale. Check out the Bluray bargains section.

ITV DVD is a download only company i.e. you download the film to watch.

If you've bought a DVD with one on it, it's a bootleg/pirate. I'd take it back and report it as such.

Last edited:
ITV DVD is a download only company i.e. you download the film to watch.

If you've bought a DVD with one on it, it's a bootleg/pirate. I'd take it back and report it as such.

You're wrong,ITV dvd have released at least 7 or so titles in the last few months.

Capricorn One,Eagle Has Landed,Boys From Brazil to name a few of em'.

I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure ITV DVD is the new name for Carlton dvd?

Either that, or they've taken over their catalogue of titles. :)

I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly sure ITV DVD is the new name for Carlton dvd?

Either that, or they've taken over their catalogue of titles. :)

Absolutely terrible quality anyway.. avoid!!! Although I am still confused about the Blu Ray, as Warner Bro are supposed to be doing it.

Absolutely terrible quality anyway.. avoid!!! Although I am still confused about the Blu Ray, as Warner Bro are supposed to be doing it.

Only on your tv.Another dig at grain no doubt.;)

Just import it,region free and great pic.Review here

Back where it belongs at number 1 of the IMDB top 250!

Liam

Only on your tv.Another dig at grain no doubt.;)

No.. the DVD is terrible quality.. not the Blu Ray. The ITV DVD is like a VHS. I don't know what the ITV Blu Ray is like. You should at least read the past posts before you comment.

Last edited:
Bloody thread is 8 years old,that's what threw me.:thumbsup:

Apologies Pincho.:)

No.. the DVD is terrible quality.. not the Blu Ray. The ITV DVD is like a VHS. I don't know what the ITV Blu Ray is like. You should at least read the past posts before you comment.

For once I'm going to agree with Pincho :smashin:

The ITV DVD is terrible. Has to be the worst DVD I own. Can't stress how bad it is.

However both the ITV (AVC/DD) Blu-ray and Warner (VC1/TrueHD) Blu-rays are a great (I own both).

If I had to choose (not looking at the price) I'd go for the US Warner, but the price of the UK ITV version would make it hard to resist if I was buying now.

There's an annoying line down the left hand side of one scene (in the prison yard) on the ITV version. This isn't there on the Warner version. However this isn't enough for me to say don't buy.

One thing to mention is the extra's on the ITV Blu-ray are all 50Hz and if you watch them after watching the movie (which is 23.976Hz) the chipmunk voices and music will drive you mad :thumbsdow

Wit hthe way they pollute the airwaves with low bit rate tv transmissions I certainly wouldn't buy any products off ITV. Thanks for the warning Pincho and others, this is one consumer steering clear of all ITV DVD products.

Wit hthe way they pollute the airwaves with low bit rate tv transmissions I certainly wouldn't buy any products off ITV. Thanks for the warning Pincho and others, this is one consumer steering clear of all ITV DVD products.

Why?Their blu-ray releases are the best these films will ever look,unless they do a frame by frame restoration,and that's never going to happen.

Why?Their blu-ray releases are the best these films will ever look,unless they do a frame by frame restoration,and that's never going to happen.

Yes, have to agree with you. The blu ray is excellent and the best that this great movie will probably ever look (or sound).
Don't miss out just to 'shun' ITV - you will miss a real treat otherwise!

He did say that he would steer clear of ITV DVD productions, not blu-rays...

He did say that he would steer clear of ITV DVD productions, not blu-rays...

Nope,he stated "all ITV DVD products".:D

He can still get the US Warner Bros version.

They don't do a frame by frame restoration? :eek:

So you're calling a blu-ray a DVD are you :confused:

I think that ITV DVD is a trademark, and they use the same trademark on Blu Ray movies. It's a bit strange.. I might be wrong.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom