1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION The New Region 2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mad max 3, Sep 22, 2004.

1. mad max 3

mad max 3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After all the fuss about Star Wars it looks like the great Shawshank Redemption has been over looked again. Well I intend to get it at the weekend. First of all I was wondering if anybody has it yet? If so, I hope you don't mind me asking:
    Whats the piture like, better or worse than the other 2 releases?
    Whats the sound like DTS, DD5.1?
    Whats the over all set like?

Someone please answer.

2. Del Boy Smiffy

Del Boy Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +386
    I have it, got it on saturday(thankyou play).

The package is of course the best yet(there will be more in the future i suspect), haven't watched it yet but as your asking about i guess i'll have to put it on. :)

3. Jack-Deth

Jack-Deth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,338
    I watched the R2 the other day. Picture is a trifle soft (very slightly) and IMO seems a little darker, but not significantly. Overall sound and picture are fantastic and is a massive improvement over the last version. I have listened to the DTS soundtrack but I dont think there is any substancial difference between that and the DD soundtrack. The packaging is quite good, the 3 discs are held in a binder similar to the r2 Alien quadrilogy set, set inside a cardboard slipcase. Very comprehensive package in all aspects.

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Hopefully, my copy should arrive today. Sound should be better as it's now 5.1 DD, rather than just 2.0 DD.

5. mad max 3

mad max 3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well as long as its an improvement I'll have to get it. Would have likely got it away. I have the old two sided DVD release which at the time was quite a joy to get my hands on, so the new one can't be bad. Thanks for the replies. Cheers