Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION The New Region 2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mad max 3, Sep 22, 2004.

1. mad max 3

mad max 3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After all the fuss about Star Wars it looks like the great Shawshank Redemption has been over looked again. Well I intend to get it at the weekend. First of all I was wondering if anybody has it yet? If so, I hope you don't mind me asking:
    Whats the piture like, better or worse than the other 2 releases?
    Whats the sound like DTS, DD5.1?
    Whats the over all set like?

Someone please answer.

2. Del Boy Smiffy

Del Boy Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +414
    I have it, got it on saturday(thankyou play).

The package is of course the best yet(there will be more in the future i suspect), haven't watched it yet but as your asking about i guess i'll have to put it on. :)

3. Jack-Deth

Jack-Deth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,341
    I watched the R2 the other day. Picture is a trifle soft (very slightly) and IMO seems a little darker, but not significantly. Overall sound and picture are fantastic and is a massive improvement over the last version. I have listened to the DTS soundtrack but I dont think there is any substancial difference between that and the DD soundtrack. The packaging is quite good, the 3 discs are held in a binder similar to the r2 Alien quadrilogy set, set inside a cardboard slipcase. Very comprehensive package in all aspects.

4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    Hopefully, my copy should arrive today. Sound should be better as it's now 5.1 DD, rather than just 2.0 DD.

5. mad max 3

mad max 3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well as long as its an improvement I'll have to get it. Would have likely got it away. I have the old two sided DVD release which at the time was quite a joy to get my hands on, so the new one can't be bad. Thanks for the replies. Cheers