1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION(DTS)japanesse dvd

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ebury, May 17, 2003.

1. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    just watched this and heres my thoughts:
    Anyone whos seen this knows how good the film is but maybe thought they would like to listen and watch the japenesse release with DDor DTS.
    the PQ is just about the same as the previous releases from the states and here,although there is some print damage in the very first 5 or so minutes(!!)
    The picture is anamorphic(16:9 lb)and have to say is better IMO than the r1 version with DD,Detail to me is much more presise than before and proves what a well directed film this is!
    now the sound is slightly different:eek:on this release the DD sound to me is very much the same as before(which is superb)but the DTS soundtrack proves to me how much different the two rivals can sound!!
    On the first night when the inmates bet on whos going to cry first,i could hear voices on the DTS soundtrack that you cant here on the DD on the same disc,adding a more natural sound as though your actualy in shawshank yourself:smashin:
    Dialogue in the entire film is( to me)criystal clear which is a step up from previous releases
    The only problem is there are only tailers as extras which are poor quality and i dont understand why there isnt any other extras included on such a wonderful film!!!
    Lets hope when this is re-released next year(?)they include the DTS soundtrack here with a disc load of extra features :confused:
    Dont forget this is just my opinion of one of the best films of all time.

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,054
    Interesting, I am just sitting down tonight to put this, Blade and Cliffhanger through their dts paces for reviews on this site. We shall see if i agree shortly.