1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shaunthedude are you there? PX2 setup

Discussion in 'TVs' started by ajbm325ic, Aug 21, 2003.

1. ajbm325ic

ajbm325ic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you need to adjust your PX2 on receiving it, setup, menu etc.
    What do you find to be the best settings for
    1. Cable/Sky
    2. DVD

My picture seems to be too big for the screen, i.e. the picture seems slightly chopped either side, I can obviously only really notice this when viewing some text with adverts or film credits. "ARAMOUNT PICTURE" no P or S, "FIVE NEW" no S etc.
    Any ideas!

Also when watching the footie/live events the picture dosen't seem too clear, is this just the transmission as everything else seems fine.
    Otherwise I am well impressed with this set just these couple of niggles.

Thanks,

Andy

2. porker

porker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I noticed the same thing when comparing this set with a Tosh in Comet, I think I only noticed it because the Tosh was sat right beside it. I am expecting delivery of one of these on Sunday I'll let you know if I have the same problem.
    Sorry I can't actually help. :(

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

When I got my px2 all I did was put the auto converg button and hey presto. If your picture is too big for the screen, have you checked what mode it is in. ie wide, etc. I know there was a posting on here a while ago about somthing similar. it may have been the PS2. Anyway this guy went into the service menu and ajusted a couple of things. One of which brought the picture in from either side. As for the picture. The best way to check is to put a dvd in and see if the picture is good quality. Then, If you are watching a tv programme and the picture is crap, At least you know it must be the signal. You will always notice more faults in the picture with clarity etc the bigger the screen you get. My dvds are BRILLIANT. When I watch tv the picture is very good. My convergence is very very slightly out but not enough for me to want to ajust the service menu. My advice is, if you are not happy get onto sony and tell them. they should be abler to send an engineer round to sort it. hope this is of some help. Anything else just ask
    Shaun

4. ajbm325ic

ajbm325ic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Shaun, the picture with DVD is amazing so it is obviously the strength of the transmission, especially as the quality can vary from channel to channel on cable. I've checked using my other 28" CRT and the same quality issue occurs. not a bad pic quality - just not as good as DVD. Some channels are excellent and possibly as good as DVD picture though.

Other issue - Yes the picture needs bringing in from either side, anyone know how to do this as i've never entered the service menu?
    I assume its easy enough when you know how.

Thanks again,
    Andy.

-----------------------
    Sony KP44PX2
    Yamaha DSPAX620
    Sony DVPNS700
    Eltax Liberty 5+ (incl. Sub 8)

5. petergeorge72

petergeorge72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, drop me an email and i'll send you the PX2 service manual in PDF format. It explains everything.

Pete.

6. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Peter,

How easy is it to ajust the convergence in the menu. mine is out a tiny fraction but I didnt want to delve into the service menu in case I cocked it all up. Its taken me 7 tvs to find this one which I am happy with

cheers matey
    Shaun