Shaun The Sheep: The Movie (6 February 2015)

How did you rate this film?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Aardman Animations is to partner with StudioCanal on the big screen feature of stop-motion Shaun the Sheep.

The film will be written and directed by Richard Starzak and Mark Burton.
The story will see Shaun's mischief inadvertently lead to the Farmer having to leave the farm. Shaun, Bitzer and the flock then have to go into the big city to rescue him in an “epic adventure”.

David Sproxton, executive chairman and co-founder of Aardman:
“Shaun and his friends have a massive global following and we are very excited about being able to put them into a bigger adventure for the big screen.

“We are naturally also very excited about partnering with StudioCanal for this project. Their track record and expertise in international film financing and distribution seems a perfect fit.”

StudioCanal is financing and will distribute the film in the UK, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand. It will also handle international sales.

Always funny when i catch this occasionally at the parents (fans) house.

From the creator of beloved claymation characters Wallace and Gromit comes SHAUN THE SHEEP -- a short-form animated series about a curious young sheep who delights in adventure and enjoys leading his flock into all sorts of mischief.

From the creator of beloved claymation characters Wallace and Gromit comes SHAUN THE SHEEP -- a short-form animated series about a curious young sheep who delights in adventure and enjoys leading his flock into all sorts of mischief.

I was wondering what the title meant :D

Cameras have started rolling in Bristol for the big screen adventure and Aardman and Studiocanal say the movie will open in cinemas worldwide in 2015.

:D I love shaun the sheep, is timmy due to make an appearance?

I think all the regular gang members will feature

Will people be searched for mint sauce as they enter the cinema? :D
Looking forward to it.

Have just set up my e-mail alert with Cineworld for this!:thumbsup:

It's still due Feb 6th, which is one week before the schools break up for half term! This means we can get to a showing without having little darlings running around, screaming, crying or constantly going to the toilet!:)

I remember going to see "The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit" and it was completely RAMMED with not a child in sight! But I'm also sure it will be fun for all the family too.

Will book as soon as I get my e-mail alert.

Derek (aged 50)

Last edited:
And 3/4?

50 and 3/4, small children sometimes want the fraction of a year on their age.

Just got my e-mail alert and have booked for Feb 10th!:smashin:

Now to avoid all the reviews and ignore the trailers....

:laugh: Cameo in it with Ed Miliband????
Ed.jpg

Their place is about 400 metres from where I work, should break in.

An utterly glorious and magnificent piece of film making - no really!

I laughed like a drain as it's crammed full of jokes, asides, puns, effects and sheer joy. And I was so moved at one point I even cried! (or maybe it was just something in my eye - ahem)

In many ways it's a typical Aardman production - sky high values, incredible attention to detail, beautifully voiced and realised, clever, warm and accessible to all ages. It's also sneakily subversive (whether intended or not) as there's no discernible dialogue whatsoever, and yet it's still narratively strong, comprehensible and logical. Maybe it's better to have no script at all than a bad one full of terrible cliches?

It felt wonderful to see a film that had no sex, violence or swearing. I'm not really one for wholesome "family values", but there was a purity and a kindness at play that is dispiritingly rare these days. Its only flaw was a certain familiarity to the TV show, that the broader canvas of the big screen wasn't entirely realised, that it felt more like an extended episode at times.

But I can't wait for a Blu/DVD release so that I can catch up on all the jokes I missed first time round.

Unreservedly recommended - go see!

9.5/10.

Last edited:
Saw this tonight with the Mrs and we both loved it, definitely one to see :) (and only 2 kids in the screening we were in which was funny to see)

Agree with reviews above. I've not seen the TV series but me and my boy really loved it. In a week where a certain film is cashing in on it's popularity as a book it's refreshing to watch a movie that has been so well made and has lots of heart (even with no dialogue) and is up there with the Wallace and Gromit films. I particularly liked the backpack reference to a popular piece of merchandising in the late nineties. A strong 8 out of 10 for me.

I liked it but nothing more, it did not move me, I did smile a few times though, I much prefer Wallace and Gromit pairing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom