Shaun The Sheep Returns!

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Any of you who missed any or all of the excellent new TV series "Shaun The Sheep", from Aardman Animations (the team behind Wallace & Gromit, Chicken Run, and Flushed Away, et al), will be pleased to hear that they are back on our screens again! :clap:

After gaining viewing figures in excess of 900,000 per episode, when shown back in March, on weekday afternoons on BBC1, the BBC has decided a repeat transmission of the series for "older kids" was worth it. (Most kids TV shows tend to get around 300,000-450,000! So "Shaun.." was getting almost triple that every day! :eek: and :clap: )

So, from this Sunday (Easter Sunday), and every Sunday evening thereafter, at 6:00-6:15pm on the CBBC Channel, you can catch the first 20 double-bill episodes, uncut, uninterrupted, and only with a small CBBC DOG logo in the top left hand corner!

The 20 episodes are listed here for your personal pleasure!

Enjoy the repeats! And don't forget that the second-half of Series 1, starts airing on BBC1 in September! :clap:

Pooch

The one I really want to see again is Rex the Runt - anyone remember that?

I heard rumours that all the films were destoyed in the Aardman fire though... Which would be a crying shame - I loved that series

Hi Satellite,

I remember Rex The Runt - a great show, that I still have on VHS somewhere. I was sensible, and recorded all the episodes when they were originally shown, and before the BBC got a b*ll*cking for airing material that was deemed "inappropriate for a family-oriented audience"! (Most of the the episodes aired during the daytime, either over lunchtimes, or around 7pm!) :D

A very funny show, and let's hope the BBC repeat it at some point! (Surely they must have copies of the episodes, that Aardman could obtain and make new-masters from?)

Either Vince or Bad Bob (the weird dog-type creature who kept eating Spaghetti, and breaking into opera for no apparent reason) were my two faves. More details about the show, can be found here!

Pooch

Can you imagine the figures the show would have got with some decent promotion and shown in primetime on BBC1?
I am sure there was a half hour slot of generic quiz/chat/celeb output that could have been dumped with no significant loss to the well being of the British public.

Can you imagine the figures the show would have got with some decent promotion and shown in primetime on BBC1?

I know!! I think it could have been a real smash... I recall watching it when it was on during the day over the Christmas holidays one year and I was really keen to make sure I was tuning in to every episode

My favourite character was Wendy - if i recall correctly she was pretty sardonic... and was rather voluptuous for a dog made out of plasticene ;-)

heh heh

There is far more scope for animation then I think the major broadcasters believe although you can't argue against the cheap tack schedules are filled with now.

Back in the day I remember every one tuning in for the "kids" stuff that was on just before the 6pm news, they got some stunning figures although that was before the modern multichannel world.

Is this just one Sundays now? I recorded what I thought was the first Sunday repeat 8/4/07 and it was the third and fourth episodes.:confused:

HI,

Okay, my sincere apologies to you all. :( It seems, the BBC ballsed-up again.

Right, this is how things stand:

- On the Sunday afternoon that STS appeared on Points Of View, viewers were NOT told that CBBC were going to be repeating the entire 20-episode first season, from that very same afternoon, two weeks ago! :mad: We were all told, that the second half of Series 1, would start in the Autumn.
- By the time I discovered, by searching various TV listings magazines, and notified folks on the AV Forums that the show was back-on our screens on Sunday teatimes, there were no actual episode details listed, and I naturally presumed it was going to be episodes 1 and 2. However, episodes 3 and 4 were aired. Stupidly, CBBC had aired episodes 1 and 2 on the very night the Points Of View discussed the show! :mad: :mad: So someone at the BBC really didn't want viewers to know when the repeats were due to start! Miserable :censored:!
- Thankfully, all the episodes are being repeated, every Sunday teatime on CBBC only, at 6pm, in double-bills, with no horrible continuity announcer, and only a small CBBC DOG in the top left corner.
- The episodes will continue to be repeated for the next 18 weeks! :clap: Episodes 5 and 6 will air this Sunday afternoon! :clap:

Once again, my apologies to you all, as I should have paid even closer attention to the schedules than I did. :( :( And if anyone needs episodes 1 and 2, I may be able to help you out. PM me directly, and maybe we can sort something out.

Pooch

Episodes 5 and 6 was on today.

I have noticed that there is Shaun on Monday 23rd Apri at 18.00 on CBBCl as well as the normal Sunday slot.:confused:

Hi,

NWGarratt - Thanks for pointing that out. :clap:

It does indeed, seem that episodes 11 and 12 are being aired on Monday 23rd April at 6pm. The episodes are entitled: "The Kite" (in which the sheep have fun with a kite that has flown into the field) and "Little Sheep of Horrors" (where baby sheep Timmy discovers the wonders of watching late-night horror movies on the farmer's VCR) respectively.

HOWEVER, please note, that next Sunday night (22nd April), at 6pm, episodes 8 and 9 are airing, as per the usual weekly schedule. :lesson: So what's happened to episodes 9 and 10, I'm not sure. Fans of the show may wish to record any transmission of "Shaun The Sheep", and then sort-out which episodes they want to keep/need to see at a later date, rather than risk potentially missing out on any episodes!

I really do wish the BBC would air this show properly! For a show that gets double-to-triple the viewing figures of most other BBC kids shows, with ratings of around 1 million per episode, the Beeb has really messed-up with this hit show - and it's a crying shame! :rolleyes: Shaun and Co should really be given a 15-minute slot each Saturday night on BBC1, just prior to episodes of "Doctor Who", and I'm sure the ratings for "Shaun..." would increase many, many times further!

I'll keep you informed and up-to-date, if there are any further scheduling changes. :eek:

Pooch

They are really mucking this up. This is why I usually forget about watching TV and just get the DVD's.

NWGarratt,

I agree with you, but with the expected DVD release due in September 2007, expected to have just 9 episodes per release, and with no extras or bonus content, and with the episodes being in a different order to the broadcast one, I'd rather take my chances with the BBC for the time being, until Aardman release a single, deluxe boxed-set with all 40 episodes and lots of extas included. I'm not paying the best part of £9 for each of the 5 DVD's that will all be bare-bones releases, when I can keep the off-air CBBC recordings, and have all the episodes for next-to-nothing!

Pooch

NWGarratt,

I agree with you, but with the expected DVD release due in September 2007, expected to have just 9 episodes per release, and with no extras or bonus content, and with the episodes being in a different order to the broadcast one, I'd rather take my chances with the BBC for the time being, until Aardman release a single, deluxe boxed-set with all 40 episodes and lots of extas included. I'm not paying the best part of £9 for each of the 5 DVD's that will all be bare-bones releases, when I can keep the off-air CBBC recordings, and have all the episodes for next-to-nothing!

Pooch

I would wait until all DVD's are in a boxset cheaper. Once, I have seen episodes a couple of times, I don't need to see them again for ages and can wait for the right price.

Hi All,

Just a quick but important update for you, regarding the Woolen one: for some bizarro reason, the BBC is starting to trailer that "STS" is airing again, from Monday 23rd April 2007, each night on the CBBC channel! :clap:

However, what they aren't telling you, is that some of the episodes from the first half of Series 1 have already been shown on the past few Sunday evenings (also at 6pm), and that episodes 9 and 10 ("The Bull" and "Saturday Night Shaun" respectively) are being dropped for some strange reason! :thumbsdow :mad:

So, just so you all know, from Sunday 22nd April, Shaun will be airing every day of the week at 6pm, except on Saturday 28th April! :lesson:

I do hope that the episodes will still be repeated in full once more, before September, and the start of the second half of Season 1, where Shaun and pals will be getting up to more escapades! :rotfl:

Pooch

Looks like the first episode is on BBC1 on Sunday 22nd at 5.10pm.

I am losing track with all these date and time changes.

Hi NWGarratt, and all other Shaun fans,

Don't get too excited! It seems that BBC1 are only airing "Shaun The Sheep" for one Sunday teatime only - with just the very first episode "Off The Baaaa!". Next Sunday 29th, it's not on at all. :thumbsdow

I think I'll have to stick with the CBBC showings, until (hopefully) a complete first-half-of-Series-1 DVD boxed-set gets released (containing all 20 episodes shown to date).

Pooch

Hi NWGarratt, and all other Shaun fans,

Don't get too excited! It seems that BBC1 are only airing "Shaun The Sheep" for one Sunday teatime only - with just the very first episode "Off The Baaaa!". Next Sunday 29th, it's not on at all. :thumbsdow

It wasn't even that episode. It was Mower Mouth (7) and Takeaway (8)

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I'm from Germany and discovered this discussion as I was using Google trying to find more information upon the "Shaun the Sheep" episodes. "Shaun the Sheep" is currently aired in Germany on KI.KA (Kinderkanal = "Children's Television") every Saturday and Sunday. Last weekend I watched two episodes in KI.KA of which I hadn't read anything in various episode guides (for instance the one in Wikipedia). They are called "Der kaputte Traktor" (="The broken-down tractor") and "Schluckauf" (="Hiccup"). In the first episode, the sheep try to start up the farmer's tractor, and in the second episode, Shirley drinks Bitzer's lemonade too fast: after a loud burp she starts to hiccup ... of course, Shaun and the others start to stop this. This episode is the funniest I've seen until now - it's simply hilarious.

Now, as KI.KA does not follow the original order of the episodes, I think it might be right to assume that they are airing some episodes from the second half of the first season, which have not yet been aired in Great Britain?

Anyway, I thought you'd be interested in this, so I registered here to let you know ...

Bye,
Sven

Hi Sven and everyone else,

Welcome to the forums, Sven! :hiya: You are indeed correct, in that some other countries - including your own - are ahead of episodes being shown in the UK. The episodes you are able to see, are indeed from the second half of Series 1, and which UK viewers won't get to see until September 2007. :(

What would be great, if you could, would be to supply a list of all the episodes that you have seen in Germany, from the second-half, so that we British viewers can see what we have to look forward too. That would be brilliant. :)

NWGArratt - The episodes shown on CBBC on Sunday night at 6pm, were the correct episodes to be scheduled and shown. :) The BBC1 transmissions are running independently of the CBBC transmissions. Anyway, the BBC1 version was ruined with a silly DOG logo at the end of the episode. At least the CBBC version is small, discrete and static. :)

Lastly, some more news for British STS fans:

Schedule Changes:
- No STS is airing on CBBC at 6pm, on Friday 27th April.
- No STS is airing on CBBC at 6pm, on Saturday 28th April.
- NO STS is airing on BBC1 at teatime on Sunday 29th April.
Good News:
- STS on Sunday teatimes on the CBBC channel, are being run independently of the weekday CBBC repeats! So, if you want to catch all of the rest of the first half of Series 1, ONLY record the 6pm Sunday night episodes, which will continue from next Sunday evening at 6pm, with episodes 9 and 10 ("The Bull" and "Saturday Night Shaun" respectively)! :clap:

Pooch

Okay, here we go:

Der kaputte Traktor (= The Broken-down Tractor*) - KI.KA (Germany), 21.04.2007
written by Richard Goleszowski & Rob Dudley
The tractor seems to be ready for the scrap heap and the farmer wishes he could afford to buy a new one. So the sheep try to start up the tractor ...

Schluckauf (= Hiccup*) - KI.KA (Germany), 22.04.2007
written by Charles Hodges
Shirley drinks Bitzer's lemonade too fast: after a loud burp she starts to hiccup! Of course, Shaun and the others start to stop this - by using a paper bag, a garden fork, a guitar amplifier etc. ...

Spuren im Beton (= Marks on Concrete*) - KI.KA (Germany), 28.04.2007
written by Lee Pressman
The farmer instructs Bitzer to guard an area of fresh concrete on the floor - but soon Shaun and the flock act as if kneeling on the Walk of Fame ...

Die Schatzsucher (= The Treasure Hunters*) - KI.KA (Germany), 28.04.2007
written by Lee Pressman
The farmer has a new hobby: he inspects the lawn with a metal detector. He only finds rusty garbage, but when Shaun and Bitzer take over, they discover a metallic threat behind a hedge ...

* = My own translation of the German title - not official!

Hi Sven,

Thanks for that additional info! :)

Pooch

make your own Shaun the Sheep from a pompom and an old sock for a jumper that you can make in about 20 minutes and he looks really cool and all the instructions and all the printer templates and face and legs etc. are free to download on www.dadcando.com. you could easily make a whole flock. Have fun, Chris

Shaun_the_sheep_246x328.jpg

Shaun-with-jumper_246.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom