Shaun of the Dead intro music?

Reaction score
When the Universal logo appears at the start of the film, some 80's sounding synth music starts playing which I am sure I have heard somewhere before. Anyone know where its from? Its doing my head in! It sounds a bit like something from a John Carpenter film if that's any help. :)

Check out the zombie fact subtitle thingy. I believe it is a reference to the original dawn of the dead (I am probably wrong on that) music or some such zombie fick. Apologies for not knowing that for sure. Much of the original synth soundtrack was a "homage" to Carpenters synth score from his films.

Nope, think you're right - as soon as I heard it I said to myself "that's Dawn of the Dead music"!!!

DocShock said:
Nope, think you're right - as soon as I heard it I said to myself "that's Dawn of the Dead music"!!!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I remember seeing the orginal, many, many moons ago, but for my sins - :suicide: dont actually own it yet, was waiting for the new 4 discer to be released. So my recolection was hazy, but the xtra's on the disc confirmed my thoughts.

Legion said:
Check out the zombie fact subtitle thingy. I believe it is a reference to the original dawn of the dead (I am probably wrong on that) music or some such zombie fick. Apologies for not knowing that for sure. Much of the original synth soundtrack was a "homage" to Carpenters synth score from his films.

I ordered the soundtrack from Amazon (link to HERE and it is brill! Lots of sound bites in between the music.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
FiggyD said:
Where's this on the DVD mate?

Go to subtitle section and there is an option for "zombie o - meter" at least I think that is what it is called. Contains loads of useful trivia about film, actors, locations and references to other films contained within scenes, such as music scores and themes. Very very good IMHO

Lawe said:
I ordered the soundtrack from Amazon (link to HERE and it is brill! Lots of sound bites in between the music.

Cheers for that, might have to dig that out as there are some classic tracks as well as musical references throughout the film. :thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
its the dawn of the dead track,i remeber laughing at it in the local cinema and everyone else was quiet and the ewife just looked at me as if i had farted or something!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom